All Matching System

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
If there was a company that you would just do everything for; speakers, subs, amps, mids, comps, everything, what company would it be? I think I would do either Skar Audio or something along those lines - I don't like too mainstream like Sundown.

For all the crap that people give Skar, they make good gear. Although some of it may be rebadged or knock of sundown gear, long story short Skar is a decent choice, other i can think of would be CT sounds, Execution Audio, Image Dynamics, or American Bass

I am liking my sub and amp matching, even if it is an 18. I might get my buddy's budget build all AB or something.

I may be a little biased, but I would purely have to go with Exile Audio out of Lake Oswego, Oregon. A couple old school Phoenix Gold engineers decided to do their own thing, and now it is amazing.

image.jpg

Oh, and they have a new subwoofer coming to town within the next 1-2 weeks. "Big12" second gen - 2500w RMS, Carbon Fiver cone, 3" voice coil, and cast frame... i just wish there were better images to show. I ordered two yesterday.

2015Exile016_zpsce7e465d.jpg

2015Exile014_zps12ecee9f.jpg

Believe it or not I think I'd go with kicker or Memphis. The reason I would choose kicker would be because their amps aren't 1 ohm stable, they put all their power out at 2 ohms. This means they can be very efficient and not as much of a struggle on a vehicles electrical regarding it is mainly stock. Id go with Memphis because they're known for their amazing SQ.

So fly.

Believe it or not I think I'd go with kicker or Memphis. The reason I would choose kicker would be because their amps aren't 1 ohm stable, they put all their power out at 2 ohms. This means they can be very efficient and not as much of a struggle on a vehicles electrical regarding it is mainly stock. Id go with Memphis because they're known for their amazing SQ.

So fly.
If amp (A) does 1k at 2 ohms and amp (B) does 1k at 1ohm Isnt there ZERO difference in the electrical youd need? I might be wrong but that just seems odd that because an amp doesnt do numbers at 1ohm its more efficient and easier on electricals. Compared to its counterpart that does its same numbers at 1 ohm. Ohm load just varies on the VC config you got your sub?

The difference in efficiency from a 1ohm designed to a 2ohm designed amp is next to nothing. Also these 1ohm designed amps we are used to have much more function than the average 2ohm amp.

X2 for ////ALPINE

Great build quality, excellent designs, very good SQ, priced very reasonably.

X2 for JL Audio for all the same reasons...except for the reasonably priced part.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

20 years ago my list would have included MTX, Phoenix gold, and PPI.

Alpine on a budget. DD, or Sundown if not.

I like to run a lot of brands. I really don't care if they match as long as they sound good, are loud, and don't break.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.