Alibaba 18" subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mass Car Audio
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Canada
Thinking about ordering this 18" subwoofer off Alibaba.

They have it rated at 1500 rms 3" flat wound aluminum voice coil dual 1ohm

What do you guys think ?

I will be testing and building a demo vehicle with it and using a 2800 rms alibaba amp.

This is for a hobby and will not be marketing these subs or amps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-093320_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-093320_Alibabacom.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20220309-004730_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-004730_Alibabacom.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220309-004743_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220309-004743_Alibabacom.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
This is the amplifier.. same board as mrmusicman ear candy 3000.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-195638_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-195638_Alibabacom.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 41
The amp will be solid. The subwoofer can be hit or miss. I don’t recognize the motor as a specific build house but massive audio, American bass, ground zero, DD etc use dentaly Electronics and deaf bonce and some others use ningbo. Those two make decent stuff and if you buy direct it’s worth the price.

Ive always been kinda weary of that site. Dont trust it at all. Thats me though. I say run em. Might be just what you are looking for. I like the rails and caps inside the amplifier. Sub looks pretty generic to be honest. But a Decent enclosure will make or brake the performance as we all know. Im going to keep an eye on this thread to see if you get an 18mm sub or an 18" sub. LOL, and a diecast toy amplifier

Ive always been kinda weary of that site. Dont trust it at all. Thats me though. I say run em. Might be just what you are looking for. I like the rails and caps inside the amplifier. Sub looks pretty generic to be honest. But a Decent enclosure will make or brake the performance as we all know. Im going to keep an eye on this thread to see if you get an 18mm sub or an 18" sub. LOL, and a diecast toy amplifier

Same buildhouse as Hifonics, crunch, gladen, helix, Audio System, Mtx, Skar Audio, Sundown, American Bass, b2 Audio and more.

I'm pretty sure it's not a scam hahaha

That sub is from dentaly electronics!? I’ve never seen that motor by them before!

This sub is not listed on the website, you have to ask about it.

200oz motor, 50mm wiring height, 4 layer coil... I think this might be a decent subwoofer after seeing the t/s parameters.

This sub is not listed on the website, you have to ask about it.

200oz motor, 50mm wiring height, 4 layer coil... I think this might be a decent subwoofer after seeing the t/s parameters.

It should be decent, of course it depends how much it costs. If it’s $400 you will be disappointed 😂. If you wanna experiment with some other build houses check out JLD. Seems now every small 6.5”-8” sub out there now is built by them. If buying directly it’s a pretty darn good deal for what you get. I’ve tried them all over the years lol.

Didn't see the price posted, so can't really think much of it without that, so I guess my question is, what was the total shipped for it?

If it was like $50 shipped, yeah I'm sure it will perform great for the price, if it was a few hundred, I wouldn't personally want it.

I remember Alibaba site, browsed it like 10 years or more ago, but never seen anything worth while, and you had to spend a small fortune to get anything fairly cheap (buying in huge bulk). I also didn't trust it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...