Thinking of upgrading. B2 Audio?

some dude

CarAudio.com Recruit
Sep 7, 2020
Virginia
I've been reading but a lot of the technical specs are over my head.
I've had a sealed 10" Boston Acoustics G5 sub for 13 odd years. I've been pretty happy with everything accept loudness.

So 12" Soundqubed HDS3.2 and B2 Riot have caught my eye.
I would get 2 12s as I think my trunk would fit it (but I am guessing here).

Im just a daily driver guy looking for more authority in my subs. I listen to rock rap pop techno.

I have a 99 Toyota Avalon with stock electrical (100A alt) a JP23 amp and a 300w Skar amp for interiors.
A 130A alt from a Highlander is a direct reolacement if needed at some point.

Any reason why 2 B2 Riot 12s for $240 each is not a good idea? Is my money better spent on different subs?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Sundown SA12's would work for you as well.
SAs in trunk space would be garbage, They didnt even meet my expectations after 9 boxes built of wasted time and money to even get any satisfaction in cab space. A pair of these will get down in [email protected] HTZ . I have the first generation and I have these newer ones in DVC 2 ohm and DVC 4 ohm.. I have the HDS312s and HDS310s( the newer ones are the HDS3. series.. I like the XFLs much better.
https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/american-bass-xfl-12-inch-1000w-rms-dvc-subwoofer.html

Ive been looking at this sub recently to try out soon in a singe 12 set up to see how they do since they have remoded them in 2021. The Old Tropo 12 I have got down really nice.
https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/tropoxl-subwoofers/products/tropo-xl-12?variant=39568734191771
Ive seen quite a few B2 subs in operation at shows, and they do get down. Look really nice too. Do some shopping around But get a nice ported enclosure for your new subs and properly tuned and get them performing at theyre best. Trunk space Ideal would be Subs rear port rear.

Bobbytwonames

Trigger Man!
5,000+ posts
Aug 28, 2018
Vegas
SAs in trunk space would be garbage, They didnt even meet my expectations after 9 boxes built of wasted time and money to even get any satisfaction in cab space. A pair of these will get down in [email protected] HTZ . I have the first generation and I have these newer ones in DVC 2 ohm and DVC 4 ohm.. I have the HDS312s and HDS310s( the newer ones are the HDS3. series.. I like the XFLs much better.
https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/american-bass-xfl-12-inch-1000w-rms-dvc-subwoofer.html

Ive been looking at this sub recently to try out soon in a singe 12 set up to see how they do since they have remoded them in 2021. The Old Tropo 12 I have got down really nice.
https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/tropoxl-subwoofers/products/tropo-xl-12?variant=39568734191771
Ive seen quite a few B2 subs in operation at shows, and they do get down. Look really nice too. Do some shopping around But get a nice ported enclosure for your new subs and properly tuned and get them performing at theyre best. Trunk space Ideal would be Subs rear port rear.
My two 8's get down @ 33 hz. and my 4 - 8's get down @ 32 hz. I've got the meter and frequency scores to prove it. The SA's are nice subs. Take a look at the Toro Fierce 12s. If you have the money look at Deaf Bonce and the American Bass HD series.

some dude

CarAudio.com Recruit
Sep 7, 2020
Virginia
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The AB XFL looks nice and the price is right on the link Audiobaun posted.

I could pull the pin on that purchasebany time.

Buck are you able to help with a simple 2 Sub ported box design for me? If so how would we proceed?

mastershake575

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 11, 2015
Dallas
The AB XFL looks nice and the price is right on the link Audiobaun posted.

I could pull the pin on that purchasebany time.

Buck are you able to help with a simple 2 Sub ported box design for me? If so how would we proceed?
There's no way I would buy 2xXFLS when your running a 100amp stock alt.

When you factor in the amps needed to run you car (along with front speakers), efficiency rating of the alternator, and efficiency rating of the amp your going to be absolutely lucky to get 200 watts of power to each sub.

Your better off maxing out lower RMS subs then buying 2 overkill subs and barely powering them

some dude

CarAudio.com Recruit
Sep 7, 2020
Virginia
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bought 2 XFL dual 4s.

I would love a little guidance on a box.
Anyone who can help with specs or how I would design one?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Bought 2 XFL dual 4s.

I would love a little guidance on a box.
Anyone who can help with specs or how I would design one?
https://gpcaraudio.com/12-dual-high-output-xl-glue-it-screw-it-sub-enclosure/
Mine is tuned to 3oHtz i believe. Takes about 2 days to put together taking your time. I recommend buying a counter sinker for the screws and LockTite Wood Glue. Easy instructions to put together. Buck can design you an enclosure if you have the tools to do it??

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
4.0 cu ftt @32 HTZ do really good for a pair of XFL 12s

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I have a 150A alt heading my way. That's gotta help?
You may also need two good AGM batteries with the Big 3 for that sub amp to keep up

bajbass

Jan 29, 2018
baj

How the new xfls compare to the older ones?

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
My older Stitched 12s seem to dig just a little deeper.. But the Newer ones seem a little louder IMO, all on same power and enclosures I have and same environment.. But they do get down.The newer kind of sound a little cleaner also/ not muddled down low

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I will say this.. Ive never blown an XFL and Ive slammed the crap out of them within the RMS range

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
Deff. Get a min of 1200 rms amplifier for a single 10, 0r,12 / 3k on tap to keep them and the amp happy and get your electrical in tact., stay away from Clipping and low voltage.

bajbass

Jan 29, 2018
baj
I will say this.. Ive never blown an XFL and Ive slammed the crap out of them within the RMS range
I agree i have 2 of the older 12s in a 4.6 cft box tune to 31hz and they shake my suv violently with the lows and still sound musical...great subs for the money

Reactions: audiobaun

audiobaun

CarAudio.com Veteran
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jun 28, 2011
USA
I agree i have 2 of the older 12s in a 4.6 cft box tune to 31hz and they shake my suv violently with the lows and still sound musical...great subs for the money
I have 4 of the older 12s DVC4 I ran for a while in [email protected] htz each in its own chamber in my truck on (2)-A.Bass Hybrid 4480.1d ( first generation Amps) per pair Got down pretty good.Eventually Ill do one amp per sub(have 4 of those amps atm) .I also have One pair of new DVC4, and 2 DVC2, 4 old 10DVC4 and 2 New, and 1 DVC2 I have some 10" TNTs older ones and a few lower rms subs. They all do very good for the $. Ive never been unhappy with the A.Bass subs Ive had so far. Put them in the right enclosure and feed them the RMS rating and they will last and get down. to be enjoyed for quite some time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds