Ahh! Help?

All right, another double post. when I pulled the box out today I found that the amps gain were set on 5V, where BTL is next to .5V. Do you think that this might possibly have been causing my problems?

BTL?

I know this isn't your most favorable option most likely, but is there a way you could send those amps back and get a refund, then buy a monoblock? For the price you paid for both of those, you could have easily picked up a hifonics mono amp that wouldn't have this problem.

As far as any advice for your current situation, make sure your RCA's are ran apart from any other power/remote wires.

A problem that you will definitely encounter is the fact that you won't be able to exactly match settings for both amps, causing slight cancellation issues between the subs. For now, just make sure the gains are set as closely as possible.

If I have to I will go back to a single amp running both, but for now I just have a few more ideas.

I put the subs back in, ran all my connections again and powered them up, this time running only one channel from the head unit to the left channel of the amplifiers, they worked nicely although they were not audible and could only be felt working. I turned the level up an the left side amplifier and was delivered some very nice results. when I started to turn up the level on the other amplifier my breathing and popping came back. Wonderful, I thought. So here's the deal, I'm going to start from the top and do it all over again. I'm going to buy the two dist. blocks I need, 20 ft of 2 AWG bulk from work, a pair of the 2 AWG lugs (one to the battery and one to the chassis since the other ends of the cable will be in the dist. blocks), one bolt properly sized to the lug for the ground (where I will sand the paint and lather in dielectric grease), an anderson connector for quick removal of the equipment (I autocross) and I think I need another roll of electrical tape. It just occured to me that I also bought a box of various sized bits of heatshrink and still have not seen it since the day I bought it, in fact I'm sure it's still in the original plastic. I also realized I need to run my audio cable down the opposite side of the car since all of my cables run through one small hole under the back seat.

I don't think I'll be turning my subs on again until I have some money for all of this. But I'm open to ideas!

You can see the obvious bass playing as it should but the speaker, behind the music almost looks as though its breathing. It's hard to see but if you're paying attention and you know what these things look like when they're operating correctly then you'll see it.

Bad ground maybe? I'll address that tomorrow and give it another go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.