Agm + setting recommended?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ky
I'm about to pull the trigger on a custom electric service pre-made warranty 40 amp hour battery at SSA and they're saying recommend a charger of 7.2 amps or more and an AGM plus setting? Does that mean run it with an AGM or is it some type of electrical setting I'm unaware of?
It just says recommends running AGM plus setting to bring voltage down to 15.2?

Go with a power supply to charge it. Much cheaper than a Noco G7200. Can set the voltage and amperage to whatever you want.

That's not too bad right there do I have to have a charger? I figured the alternator would do that after it's installed I guess they don't come charged?
when it says recommend AGM plus setting what does that mean I would rather stay all lithium. Says run AGM plus setting to bring voltage down to 15.2

That's not too bad right there do I have to have a charger? I figured the alternator would do that after it's installed I guess they don't come charged?
when it says recommend AGM plus setting what does that mean I would rather stay all lithium. Says run AGM plus setting to bring voltage down to 15.2

Yes it's a good idea to use a charger to maintain your batteries. AGM + mode will bring the bank up to 15.5 volts. Lithium mode only goes up to 14.2 which is too low.

Yes it's a good idea to use a charger to maintain your batteries. AGM + mode will bring the bank up to 15.5 volts. Lithium mode only goes up to 14.2 which is too low.
So does that mean run it with an AGM battery I'm new to this battery mixing stuff I appreciate it bro

No. That's just the recommended charge mode(AGM +) for noco chargers to get the voltage higher.
oh okay so that other charger on Amazon will have that setting too and that's the one I should use.
Should be fine if I just run the factory electricals that were attached to the battery positive straight back to the lithium battery in the back right.
P.S. I'm still scared to death that 8K at 5,000 w will be able to cook my three SQL 12s, are you sure turning the gain on the amp down will lower its wattage output.
Just worried I've never ran subs that much over power before

oh okay so that other charger on Amazon will have that setting too and that's the one I should use.
Should be fine if I just run the factory electricals that were attached to the battery positive straight back to the lithium battery in the back right.
P.S. I'm still scared to death that 8K at 5,000 w will be able to cook my three SQL 12s, are you sure turning the gain on the amp down will lower its wattage output.
Just worried I've never ran subs that much over power before

That power supply I linked is fully adjustable. You can set amperage and voltage. It's what 95% use to charge LTO banks and individual cells on the lithium groups.

Yes lowering gain lowers power. Same as lowering RCA input voltage.

That power supply I linked is fully adjustable. You can set amperage and voltage. It's what 95% use to charge LTO banks and individual cells on the lithium groups.

Yes lowering gain lowers power. Same as lowering RCA input voltage.
That's what I was thinking because if you're lowering your input voltage you should be lowering your output voltage as well right? Can't pass up the deal on that 8K it's just so much more power for not that much more money comes with a cooling fan as well!!
When I match the games I will just turn it up until the subs move maximally and then back it off just a hair. Somebody said turning the game down does not reduce the wattage and that didn't make sense to me because if the input voltage drops so should the output.
Again I appreciate all the help bro you're awesome I'm going to put that in my Amazon cart right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.