Aftermarket Head Unit for 98' Volvo S70 w/8 speakers + a sub

AlecW81

As the thread title states, I'm looking for a new aftermarket head unit for my 98' S70.

I have 2 speakers in the dash (3.5" 2-ways) 2 in the front doors (6.5" shallow-mount mid-bass drivers) 2 in the back doors (6.5" 3-ways) and 2 in the rear deck (8" mid-bass drivers). I also have a 12" sub in a sealed box.

I'm looking for a head unit that would support that many speakers, preferably without splicing. I'm looking at getting a Memphis Belle 6ch amp to power 6 of the speakers 4x75w for the doors, and 2x150w for the 8" mid-bass drivers), a separate amp for the sub (thinking around 300-400W), and the dash speakers just receiving power from the head unit.

Any suggestions?

I have a 98 v70 and no head will support all your speakers. When I changed my deck, I didnt car about losing my rear hatch speakers. I wasnt too worried because I was putting my wiring and amps in soon after. If you are going to run amps, I would say it is a whole lot easier to put everything in and wire it up at one time versus getting speakers to play.

you really don't need that many speakers...

ditch the rear deck speakers all together, just leave open ports, the subwoofer will do fine without it. Put some good speakers in front, I hate the location of speakers in S70/850, cuz its so high, so i made kickboxes for my 855 when i had it(still have the boxes if you want em). rear doors just need some average speakers, just for rear fill, i think they re 5.25 and you can probably power them off the head unit. get that memphis belle amp and bridge for the front or separate front and rear speakers. bridge the sub channels for one sub in the trunk.

I like the speaker placement, but never heard kickpanels in that car. I dont run rears either. I have my seperates biamped and run a sub. Everyone that sits in my car says the stage is really high. Vocals sound like they are on the dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.