Affordable 12s with around 1000w RMS?

I recently got a really good deal on a Hifonics HFi2500D amp, 2 CVR 12s, and a superbass probox. The amp is rated for 2500w at 14.4v, so at 12v it's really pushing around 2100w, and that's being generous. I'm wiring it up at 4 ohms right now to push 850w(less actually), but I'm planning on selling the CVRs and buying some new subs and running it at 1 ohm.

So pretty much - what 12 inch subs that have around 1000 RMS are affordable and have good SPL would you guys recommend? Keep in mind that the probox has 2.25 cubic feet per sub

The HFi series is rated for the power it puts out at 14.4v rather than 12v. I did the calculations, and if the 2500w at 14.4v rating is true, it's pushing around 2100w at 12v

I know sundowns can easily handle more than their 600w RMS, but I'm reluctant to put them on 1000w each for daily use

So far XFLs are looking pretty good, they're also the cheapest I've seen at $180 each

HDC 3.0's aren't looking too bad either, but they're $70 more... each.

Others that I've found on my own are so expensive they aren't even worth mentioning

I know sundowns can easily handle more than their 600w RMS, but I'm reluctant to put them on 1000w each for daily use
So far XFLs are looking pretty good, they're also the cheapest I've seen at $180 each

HDC 3.0's aren't looking too bad either, but they're $70 more... each.

Others that I've found on my own are so expensive they aren't even worth mentioning
The SA's will love 1k daily.

You don't have enough power to satisfy a pair of hdc3's. If I were you I'd throw a single hdc3 on that power. Just my .02

I've got a $200 probox... I'd rather stick with 2 12s lol.
HDCs are pretty expensive anyway. What would be the difference between XFLs and SAs?
You're going to want a new box for whatever subs you buy. If you haven't heard what a well designed box does for decent subs, you might be skeptical and reluctant now, but let me tell you, you will be amazed at what just a good box can accomplish.

You're going to want a new box for whatever subs you buy. If you haven't heard what a well designed box does for decent subs, you might be skeptical and reluctant now, but let me tell you, you will be amazed at what just a good box can accomplish.
if you have not heard a pro-box, you might be surprised too..don't knock it til ya tried it. They tune a lil high, but on most recorded music like Rock, Metal, Country, Classical, etc., they sound pretty good and the build quality is as good or better than most boxes I have seen period...Nothing to them that a little eq can't fix. If you listen to much synthesized bass material like dubstep, for example, a custom lower tuned enclosure would be wise, for sure.

A custom box is on my to do list, but getting the subs themselves are first. I've already made a box design for 2 Type Rs for my friend and we're going to build it soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.