Advice on wiring possibilities for Rainbow 265 Van Phase Plug Cross & Alpine PDX-5

Participant count
  • Participant list

driveby

Hi

I have a pair of Rainbow 265 Vanadium Phase Plug Cross speakers and will be using the in the front of the car. I have an Alpine PDX-5 amp which I originally bought to run 2 x sets of components (front and rear). I do not want to mess about with the soundstage so I have decided to run just the single pair of Rainbow 265's in the front and use a sub in the boot (trunk). Rainbow recommend a minimum of 75w and the Peak power is 180w. The alpine PDX-5 is 75wx4 RMS (+300w for sub on 5th channel). The actual RMS is 104w x 4 (+400wRMS for SUB). Would I have enough power to drive the Rainbow's properly if i used 2 channels which would be 104w per channel? Or would i be better off and is it at all possible to use 4 channels of the amp to drive the set of the fronts? I have a PMC bi-amped system in my studio and the sound is fantastic. I want these speakers to sound their best and would appreciate some advice on which way to go with the setup.

From my experience of high end speakers they always seem to sound at their best when they are being driven hard with alot of power. I have an alpine SWE-1000 which i was going to use for the sub bass but I could always sell it and get a 10 or 12" sub running off the 5th channel.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.