Advice on some Old School Car Audio. Kicker C15A, Soundstream 355 & PPI Ax400

Participant count
  • Participant list

kSwift
10+ year member

CA
Ok, so I came across a bunch of my uncles old school car audio that he said I could have. Currently I have 2 HFX12d4s in my car right now, powered by an Arc Audio KAR 900.1D and Alpine SPS-610C's powered by a Hifonics zxi80.4. And I was wondering should I change out my subs and amps for any of these? Or just leave my setup the way it is, or idk. Not wanting to spend a whole lot on Car Audio right now because I am working to make my car look nice before sound. Some help & input would be great, Thanks guys.

My Uncles Old School Car Audio consists of:

1 PPI Art Series Ax400

1 Soundstream Rubicon 355

2 Kicker C15a

Some Pics:

PPI Art Series Ax400

2012-05-05_19-54-59_424.jpg

2012-05-05_19-55-19_542.jpg

2012-05-05_19-55-30_892.jpg

Soundstream Rubicon 355

2012-05-05_19-57-40_458.jpg

2012-05-05_19-58-07_828.jpg

Kicker C15a

2012-05-05_19-59-32_688.jpg

2012-05-05_20-01-23_725.jpg

2012-05-05_20-01-40_348.jpg

I would probably sell those..... except the Soundstream, run that on your front stage..... and take the money and upgrade with better door speakers.

You'll make money, and you can sell your Hifonics amp and Alpine speakers to make even more.

But I would definately keep that Soundstream no matter what you do, those were really good amps.

How much do you want for that Soundstream?

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

i would probably sell those..... Except the soundstream, run that on your front stage..... And take the money and upgrade with better door speakers.
You'll make money, and you can sell your hifonics amp and alpine speakers to make even more.

But i would definately keep that soundstream no matter what you do, those were really good amps.
stfu!

Haha already a bidding war? Who said I wanted to sell =p. But I have been doing some research today and I can tell by the way that people talk about this amp that it is a good amp. I've heard that the old school soundstreams that were made in the U.S. are beasts. But I'm surprised that you guys would tell me to sell the PPI. I thought the Art Series was one of their best amps...? Idk haha. I do want to sell my hifonics amp. Just haven't found a buyer yet.

Oh, and what kind of speakers do you recommend for my front stage?

Haha already a bidding war? Who said I wanted to sell =p. But I have been doing some research today and I can tell by the way that people talk about this amp that it is a good amp. I've heard that the old school soundstreams that were made in the U.S. are beasts. But I'm surprised that you guys would tell me to sell the PPI. I thought the Art Series was one of their best amps...? Idk haha. I do want to sell my hifonics amp. Just haven't found a buyer yet.
Oh, and what kind of speakers do you recommend for my front stage?
What's your budget? And are you wanting coaxials or components?

What's your budget? And are you wanting coaxials or components?
If I sell some stuff and get paid, Around $200? For some components. I'm not looking for some heavy competition speakers... Just something to listen to every day that sounds nice. I've been also looking into picking up a SSA Gcon or Sundown SA-12. But im not sure yet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.