Advice On Finding A Quality Subwoofer

So i just got a new car (2014 Impala) and im trying to figure out what type of subwoofer i can get that can handle my amp and not blow, something that will last for awhile. And something that sounds decent and powerful. I would like to stay under $300 when buying this subwoofer. These are the things i already have in my car.

Hifonics BRX1000.1D

4 ohms: 400 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 700 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

Ported Box (Single 12in. Subwoofer)

Box volume (net. int.): 2.0 cubic feet

Tuned to: 32Hz

Dimensions (W x H x D): 30" x 13-1/2" x 16"

Factory head unit and Factory Speakers (BOSE)

Any suggestions on what type of subwoofer to get???

If you keep blowing subs. It's more likely that your sending a clipped signal to it There are many subs that fall in the price range you have. Sundown tantric ascendant dc the list goes on

So i just got a new car (2014 Impala) and im trying to figure out what type of subwoofer i can get that can handle my amp and not blow, something that will last for awhile. And something that sounds decent and powerful. I would like to stay under $300 when buying this subwoofer. These are the things i already have in my car.
Hifonics BRX1000.1D

4 ohms: 400 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 700 watts x 1 chan.

1 ohm: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

Ported Box (Single 12in. Subwoofer)

Box volume (net. int.): 2.0 cubic feet

Tuned to: 32Hz

Dimensions (W x H x D): 30" x 13-1/2" x 16"

Factory head unit and Factory Speakers (BOSE)

Any suggestions on what type of subwoofer to get???
American Bass XFL- DVC2 ohm would be ideal to run @1 ohm load..DVC4 ohm for the 2 ohm load.Subs get downand sound nice doing it for the price

Hell if you send it a good clean signal an SA will take 1000rms all day.. Look at sound qubed hds3 subs . They have a 3" coil and will take stupid powa. They are like 150$ for the 12 if you really want to jump up to a tougher sub soundqubed hdc3 series are damm near bullet proof at 1000rms.

Main thing is (as already mentioned) is sending a clean signal to the sub.. You should not be blowing subs with a clean signal. I have fed a sundown SA 15 1800 rms daily and never had an issue but gains have to be set properly.

The SA, hds3, hdc3 will all perform decent in the box you have as well.

The x series is an awsome sub but a bit overkill for that power.. I would go SA or sq hds3.. Set gains properly and enjoy.

Ok. im going with the SoundQubed HDC3 12...Now on there website they give you an option of aluminum or copper voice coil. Does it matter which one i get???
you dont have close the amount of power to tickle that sub, let alone aluminum voice coils. They probably wont do too well on your box either since its a tad small.

So a suggestion then????? And im also not trying to rattle parts off my car or anything like that so if your saying my amp wont do that but it would give me some decent bass with that sub then im perfectly fine with that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.