Simple Fi audio question

BayAreaSlaps408

So here in my room I got bnib my Fi Audio BL 12 D2 w cooling and flatwind coil options. Took a month to get but was well worth the wait. I Also got bnib a SQ Q2200.1 and was wondering if I over did it... I know the BL is 1500rms and heard it can handle more but was wondering if 2200 is too much n if you think I should down grade??? Just would like someone w experience or info of what you have seen these things take n if I'm good or asking for trouble??? Would hate to see such a beautiful peice of equipment go up in smoke n I'm sure Ya'll would agree!!!

Any info would help, thanks

Is it a stock bl? It's a dual 2 which is really a dual 1.4 so series it 2.8 If your that concerned. Also maybe make it that you can rewire the coils outside the box.

Ps does Fi have a website?

2200 will be fine on it with gains properly set.. Might be a good idea to wire it in series to break it in and see how it does at that powa and as stated make your lugs so that you can change the load outside the box.. But with properly set gains and a little attention to the subs smell and behavior and you will be fine.

Run it man. I had 10k on my mayhems which are made by Scott at ascendant/ fi I'm the local dealer for as in the San Jo area. Anyway as long as your electrical is up to par you'll be fine. Like I said in the other thread. And extra agm battery in the back. The big 3 and you should be golden If you need more info. Pm me I'll shoot ya my cell number since your close 30 min north of me

Just learn to turn the volume down. There's no reason BL can't be run on 2000W amp, but you'll just need to know when to turn it down when you smell the coil and learn it's mechanical limits in the box.

Well on my old set up I would only run it turned up on my way home from work which is about 15 mins and on my days off driving around running errands. It WIL be hard to smell coil tho since I gotta 4 door sedan n my rear seat don't drop down.... Sux.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.