Advice needed on Sundown sa12 d2

Participant count
  • Participant list

Richard Nixon

I picked up a sundown sa12 d2 and have a hifonics brutus bre1100.1D amp laying around from my previous crappy sub setup. I'm wondering if this would be ok to run at 1100w or if I should look at a new amp. I see many people running them at 1000w but I'm not the most knowledgable about car audio. If not any recomendations? budget is around 200 preferably below, thanks. Also I read people saying to turn the gain down how do I do that as I recently learned its not like a volume knob and to match it to the volts on the deck

Your amp will be fine as long as you have the electrical for it. Just set the gains accordingly Better to have a little overhead and it run the amp hard

It'll be fine to run at 1 ohm? So I just match the volts on the gain to the volts on the deck and it will be set at 1100W if I understand this right. Dbeez if you want pm me the info you need

It'll be fine to run at 1 ohm? So I just match the volts on the gain to the volts on the deck and it will be set at 1100W if I understand this right. Dbeez if you want pm me the info you need
Sure. As long as your electrical can handle it as said. The Hifonics amps are decent but not the most efficient. And the SA line are definitely underrated at 600 rms. Just watch your gains and set everything with a dmm and you'll be good to go.

Hooked it up today and my amp no longer turns on but I can get a buddys brz1700.1 to go so I guess I am in the market for a new amp any insight I'm thinking audioque 750(so I read) as I don't want to go to 1000w since I'm still new at this and don't want to blow an expensive sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.