advice need on new equipment

Participant count
  • Participant list

lslugz
10+ year member

MexiCAN
Northern VA
sup everyone, I need help/advice picking what should go in my new ride. I already have an amp (Soundstream reference 405s) and need help with the following...HU, front speakers, and a single 8" sub. I would really like to keep cost low and I don't need any power hungry speakers just something thats going to sound good with the amp I have. Things to consider are, speakers should be able to mount in stock locations(i have mdf spacers if i need some already), radio be compatible with a usb stick or Iphone, and the sub to use a small box. Its been a while since i looked at car audio stuff so im a little lost in what to get. This is the car is going in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

dscn0323t.jpg

Looks like ill be buying the HU or speakers at bestbuy, im getting a $150 gift card from my job within the next 2 weeks so any recommendations? I also have another $100 to go with the gift card for the HU or speakers

i have the pioneer DEHP410UB and it reads my ipod and easy to control, you can get them at worst buy for 150 i think...sounds fine for what it is

Looks like ill be buying the HU or speakers at bestbuy, im getting a $150 gift card from my job within the next 2 weeks so any recommendations? I also have another $100 to go with the gift card for the HU or speakers
I'd avoid Best Buy if I were you. Their selection ***** and the prices are astronomical.

You should take a look at the Alpine CDA-9886. It's available at Best Buy, but you can buy it for $100 less elsewhere. As far as components, I think the Image Dynamics CTX65CS' would be nice. You can find them at Woofersetc.com the online car audio super store, the largest selection at the lowest prices!. Then there's the matter of subs. I'd really think about running a single 12" if I were you. There are 12" subs that don't take up a lot of space. For example, the Image Dynamics IDQ12V2.D2 only needs 1.5 cubes.

the only reason i was considering best buy is because of the gift card i would be getting, but i can always use it for other things.

this is the trunk im working with, the only issue i have is there is no parcel shelf or back seat so anyone can see the sub i have in the back. I do plan on going to the junkyard tomorrow and will look for the shelf.

dscn0351.jpg

I'd avoid Best Buy if I were you. Their selection ***** and the prices are astronomical.
You should take a look at the Alpine CDA-9886. It's available at Best Buy, but you can buy it for $100 less elsewhere. As far as components, I think the Image Dynamics CTX65CS' would be nice. You can find them at Woofersetc.com the online car audio super store, the largest selection at the lowest prices!. Then there's the matter of subs. I'd really think about running a single 12" if I were you. There are 12" subs that don't take up a lot of space. For example, the Image Dynamics IDQ12V2.D2 only needs 1.5 cubes.
^ NICE sounding sub:) but 1.5 compared to 2 Id8's in 1cu/ft, is smaller. I reccommend ID8's. i was selling mine but after taking another listen to em, i'm keeping.

^ NICE sounding sub:) but 1.5 compared to 2 Id8's in 1cu/ft, is smaller. I reccommend ID8's. i was selling mine but after taking another listen to em, i'm keeping.
I'd still prefer the 12" myself.

If I were the OP, I'd try to find more info about the amp's sub channel being .5 stable. Then I'd start worrying about subs...

this is the trunk im working with, the only issue i have is there is no parcel shelf or back seat so anyone can see the sub i have in the back. I do plan on going to the junkyard tomorrow and will look for the shelf.
dscn0351.jpg

**** you have a lot of room back there, if i was you I would take advantage!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.