Advice: looking to get door speakers

s94658
10+ year member

I have a 2007 subaru impreza and want to get some door speakers for it. It has 6.5" speakers in the front with a 1" tweeter up by the door handle. The rears are only 4". I have two kicker CVR12's in the trunk so im looking mainly for good vocals. I was thinking infinity because I have heard good things. I want to hear some suggestions as to what speakers would work best. I would say my budget is around 350 give or take for all four. I listen to rock and hip-hop mostly. Also I have heard that I will need spacers for certain speakers as they hit the window. If anyone can confirm if I would need these and how big the spcaers would need to be.

Just to clarify, I know that this all depends on my preferences, however I have not heard many different speakers and just want to get the opinions of some true enthusiasts. Thanks

i had some peerless midranges in the house and they sounded FANTASTIC

to give you an actual ability to perceive what i experienced..

the speakers could play a male voice and a female voice at the same time.. and the speakers did that with seperation/space inbetween the two voices.

i really abused the midranges because i had them in the same box as a 12 inch woofer and the woofer made the midrange move in and out until it bottomed out.

the voice coil got damaged because of the 1 - 1.5 inch of cone travel abuse (literally smacked the bottom of the cone on the magnet)

therefore i want to put all peerless midranges in my car.

if you look at their frequency response charts, you can see for yourself that they are FLAT

Parts-Express.com sells Speakers, Replacement Speakers, Speaker Building Parts plus HDMI Cables, Home Audio and Video, Pro Audio and Commercial Sound. We offer services for Speaker Reconing, Speaker Refoaming, Speaker Repair. Great selection of Elect has peerless HDS drivers for about $50 each for the 6.5 inch version.

my car's front doors are 6.5 inch and i might use the 6x9 holes in the rear deck for some more 6.5 inch (with a plastic adapter plate off ebay)

infinity speakers do a good job of playing audio without any coloring added to the sound.. but they dont have the open & spacious detail that the peerless midranges have.

the infinity speakers wont be able to play a deep male voice (like barry white) and also play the sounds of a teenage girl.

yes the speaker will do it.. but the space between the two voices is going to be as thin as paper (or a little bit better)

the space between the voices with the peerless drivers was as much as 3 - 4 inches.

bose systems in cars nowadays only have space of 0.5 - 1 inches

the difference between a dull paper stock speaker and a bose 'upgraded' sound system is the open and spacious sound where the details exist throughout the air.

but dont get confused with time alignment and a good speaker.

i have heard audio and soundstages sound realistic to a point where my eyes stop taking in light and my ears grow ability to hear the details.. as if i just took a large step closer towards actually being there.

I have a 2007 subaru impreza and want to get some door speakers for itso i can listen to all my gay pride music and put dick decals all over my car. It has 6.5" speakers in the front with a 1" tweeter up by the door handle. The rears are only 4". I have two kicker CVR12's in the trunk so im looking mainly for good vocals. I was thinking infinity because I have heard good things. I want to hear some suggestions as to what speakers would work best. I would say my budget is around 350 give or take for all four. I listen to rock and hip-hop mostly. Also I have heard that I will need spacers for certain speakers as they hit the window. If anyone can confirm if I would need these and how big the spcaers would need to be.
Just to clarify, I know that this all depends on my preferences, however I have not heard many different speakers and just want to get the opinions of some true enthusiasts. Thanks
cool story brah

Any other speaker suggestions. Only one so far and ill check them out. For the first two posts, I already know my speaker size and I have a mmats 4 channel amp to power them and yes I would like to have all four speakers. Hit me with some suggestions. Thanks again

listen to some Hertz speakers - assuming you have available depth. really, that is the first thing to figure out- what can you actually fit in those locations. There are plenty of Impreza forums that should offer details on what fits and what you have for depth. Crutchfield is an excellent online resource, and i recommend buying from them so you get a warranty, and installation accessories, and instructions, and customer service. ebay is fine for use gear, IMO, but i never recommend buying "new" from ebay. i recommend buying authorized.

or better than online; find a shop, make some friends, and build a relationship that will pay dividends in the long run.

Some Infinity speakers are 2 ohm - so keep that in mind with your plans for amplification. I'd put Alpine up against Infinity, Boston, Polk, and entry JL.

Investing in front components is #1. But there isn't much at $350 (either below or above), so you're bound to have some money left. if you feel like you need some rear 4" - just buy some mids or disconnect the tweeter on coax. you don't want tweeters behind you, but you do want them in front of you. try to get the same brand/model line front/rear so tonality is consistent.

The front comps won't perform without an amp. So maybe you spend $250 on comps and the rest on a small 4ch amp that you can bridge to the front comps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.