Advice for System in a Show Car

Participant count
  • Participant list

one_bad_55

Denver
All,

I am building a 1955 Chevy Pro-Street Show car and I would like to put an audio/video system in it and I would like to get some expert opinions.

I am looking for something that will be clear with some thump if I want it. I think I have narrowed it down but would like to get some other opinions.

Here goes;

JVC KD-SH99 MP-3, CD, CD-RW (With Video Controls)

JVC KV-DV7 DVD Player

Audiovox Overhead LCD 6.8 Display (Have already)

JVC 12 disc Changer

3ea. Legacy LA590 800W @2OHM AMPS

3ea. 1 Farad Caps

4 6.5 Components 800watts each set @4OHMS

1 12" 1000 Watt competition sub @ 2OHMS

I already have a 100AMP Altenator and I will be running 2 Optima Yellow Top Batteries with battery solenoid switch.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

The NewBEE

Ok good choice on on the head units dvd players and changer but dude those amps ***** ass big time they are terrible and so is the sub you need to get this

------------------------------------------------

2 12inch jl audio w3s

1 jl audio 500/1 amp

1 jl audio 250/1 amp for componets

4 6.5 infinty kappa 60.2cs systems or jl audio evolution systems the only reason is if its a show car do you want to mix brands or just stay with one if that doesnt matter tell me and i will give you some more options.

The AMPS will be in the Trunk of the Vehicle so they do not have to be the same as the Head Unit. Also the component speakers will be in custome made speaker pods and will be covered so brand is not important.

I just want a good quality system that sounds clear.

Ok i would go with the jl subs and amps in a sealed box get like a q logic or somthing get some infinty componets i love thier highs they are the best.Then i would get some lightning audio caps two .5 fared for each amp should do it and get a distrubution block and a amp wiring kit 4g and stick with you head units you cant go wrong with them they are good.Also i would reccomend a xover and a equalizer and to top off your trunk get some light tubes and some glow rings or somthing to set of those subs now if you need a price range or prices talk back and if you need help with installing just ask.

Only holes I see in JLMan's setup is the 250/1 amp for the mids/highs. You'll need a 2 channel amp for stereo sound instead of mono but a 4 channel amp will give you more flexibility. Try the JL 400/4.

Also you'll need a 1 farad cap for each amp as the 500/1 puts out over 900W RMS and the 400/4 puts out over 700W.

Excellent sub/speaker choices on JLman's part.

If this is strictly a show car a custom made box to fit the trunk contours and an amp showcase would be a nice touch.

Ok ALL,

NO ONE LIKED THE AMPS OR SPEAKERS.

How about this configuration?

JVC Head KD-SH99

JVC DVD KV-DV7

JVC 12 disc Changer CH-X1200

JVC EQ

JVC Crossover ????? NOT SURE ABOUT THIS CROSSOVER

JL Audio 500/1 AMP for SUB

JL Audio 300/2 AMP for Components (2 ea.) 1 Front & 1Rear

Infinity 6.1 Perfect Components (2 Sets) 1 Front & 1 Rear

Infinity 12.1D Perfect Sub. 2 ea.

1 Farad Cap 3 ea. (1 for each AMP)

Let me know if this configuration will work and I will Start the process of getting all the components.

Then let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input!!!!

I think that getting the crossover will be wasteful.

Get the EQ and use the amps' x-overs. JL amps have selectable slopes of 12 dB and 24 dB which is plenty of cut.

This will keep unwanted freqs from reaching your infinities and subs plus allow you to contour the sound to your liking.

Looks like a very nice setup.

Installation will be your only other concern, being a show car.

Take it to someone with a good reputation or DIY if you think you're good. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Send us some pics when you're finished. I'd love to see the finished masterpiece!

Originally posted by Unregistered Ok ALL,

NO ONE LIKED THE AMPS OR SPEAKERS.

How about this configuration?

JVC Head KD-SH99

JVC DVD KV-DV7

JVC 12 disc Changer CH-X1200

JVC EQ

JVC Crossover ????? NOT SURE ABOUT THIS CROSSOVER

JL Audio 500/1 AMP for SUB

JL Audio 300/2 AMP for Components (2 ea.) 1 Front & 1Rear

Infinity 6.1 Perfect Components (2 Sets) 1 Front & 1 Rear

Infinity 12.1D Perfect Sub. 2 ea.

1 Farad Cap 3 ea. (1 for each AMP)

Let me know if this configuration will work and I will Start the process of getting all the components.

Then let the fun begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input!!!!
Man you are talking some serious $$$ there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Should sound great. I would go with a sealed enclosure for the perfects. IMHO they are pretty hard to beat for sound quality in a sealed box. Very accurate and really clean. They are also pretty efficient, so they should do good with that amount of power. Let me know if you want some ideas on a trick box or something I can give you some help maybe show you some tricks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

All,

My plans for the car are to make custom enclosures for the door panels. They will be sealed and made from fiber glass. I am going to seperate the Mids and the tweeters on the door.

The Mids will be located lower on the door tilted upward and the tweeters will be mounted higher on the door tilted towards the front seats. All the contours will match the contours of the dash and kick panels.

On the package tray behind the back seat I will make a custom fiberglass enclosure that will tilt the mids and tweeters toward the front of the vehicle. All will be contoured to match the contours of the vehicle.

As for the trunk area I have a fuel cell mounted and I will make custom enclosures for the Amps and Caps on the sides. As for the back of the trunk area I will place a sealed box for the Subs and mount the sub Amp and cap in the custom panel formed to conseal the batteries and part of the sub enclosure.

This should be fun to create from scratch. I have done most of the work on the car myself and I look forward to creating this portion of the vehicle.

As for the price of the components I figure it will cost about $3,200.00 which is nothing compared to how much the rest of the car has cost.

I figure I will be done with it by the end of the year and at that time I will be able to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Sounds pretty cool post some pics when ya done. I would love to see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.