Advanced Wiring Question /// PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 2013 Elantra limited with factory navigation and reverse camera. I am going to replace the factory head unit with a kenwood 890 or 990 and I need to know if it's possible to splice the cable from the factory reverse camera and wire it up to a standard RCA plug to connect to the aftermarket head unit? Is this possible and if so... any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Local car customization shops say they can do it but they want to charge me like $250+ for it. I have installed many stereos in my time and am confident I could do it myself if I just knew what was needed to make this work.

They have rca connectors at radio shack for this. I believe the middle prong on the rca is the pos and the other one is for the ground. Anyway the package from radio shack will show you how.

Yeah I have done it myself on a 2013 sonata.
I would assume the wire coming from the camera would be the same in the Sonata as it is in the Elantra. Can you tell me where the wire is located and which colors are positive and negative? Also, did the distance guide show up on the new radio or was that lost?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.