How big of wiring do I need?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm trying to figure out what gauge wiring I should get for my amp kit... My set up looks/will look like this:

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-2600bt (3 x 2v preamp outputs)

Subs: 2 - Alpine SWS-12d2/12d4

Sub Amp: Alpine MRX-M110

and a 1/0 gauge Big 3 kit

So my question is for my sub amp kit, do I really need a 4 gauge kit or should I go with 8 gauge? I've seen mixed responses. I don't plan expanding my subs any time soon and if I do by then I'm sure I wouldn't mind buying another kit if I needed the bigger gauge wire. So what would you guys say? Will 8 gauge work perfectly for me or is the absolute 4 gauge the way to go?

Using D2 sub's?
I was thinking the D2s would be what works best with that amp... I am a newb, but I thought I did enough research to understand. The d2's were my thought, but do you think d4s would be better?

Do the 4 ga kit.Worth the money,and no worries of needing supply in the future,and prob a few $more
If I go with 4ga would it be okay to go with a cca kit? With my budget right now (a 17 year old high schooler looking for a job haha), I can't afford a whole lot you know? Would a 4ga cca kit still be advantageous over an 8ga. ofc kit?

I was thinking the D2s would be what works best with that amp... I am a newb, but I thought I did enough research to understand. The d2's were my thought, but do you think d4s would be better?

If I go with 4ga would it be okay to go with a cca kit? With my budget right now (a 17 year old high schooler looking for a job haha), I can't afford a whole lot you know? Would a 4ga cca kit still be advantageous over an 8ga. ofc kit?
Yes, that would be just fine for your application.

I always went with a minimum of 4 aug when doing install regardless of how many watts the amp is. But now that I've become more informed I would always go with 1/0 guage. If you buy new knukonceptz its not much more then buying a 4 guage kit from any local shop

I always went with a minimum of 4 aug when doing install regardless of how many watts the amp is. But now that I've become more informed I would always go with 1/0 guage. If you buy new knukonceptz its not much more then buying a 4 guage kit from any local shop
+1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.