Do I need a fuse on the big 3 alternator to positive?

n3w_3ra

I can't find a definite answer on this one. I did a search on the forum and not much popped up, when I watched a couple youtube videos a few people put the fuse on the wire, and most did not? Now I will be leaving the all the stock wire and just adding the extra wire. I already have the grounds done and have the wire cut to length and all I just need to know if I have to go pick up a 0g fuse holder.

I can't find a definite answer on this one. I did a search on the forum and not much popped up, when I watched a couple youtube videos a few people put the fuse on the wire, and most did not? Now I will be leaving the all the stock wire and just adding the extra wire. I already have the grounds done and have the wire cut to length and all I just need to know if I have to go pick up a 0g fuse holder.
Alot of ppl dont fuse it ..i dont ..but its jist like any other power connection if it frays or shorts or comes loose bad things can happen

If your regulator or PCM regulating circuit goes bad, as they often do, you run the risk of sending high voltage through your entire electrical system. Also, sending ~50 volts to a battery can cause fires or explosions.

If you don't want to spend $15.00 to protect your amplifiers that's fine. But please spend $15.00 so that your car doesn't catch fire and burn down the one next to it.

If your regulator or PCM regulating circuit goes bad, as they often do, you run the risk of sending high voltage through your entire electrical system. Also, sending ~50 volts to a battery can cause fires or explosions.
If you don't want to spend $15.00 to protect your amplifiers that's fine. But please spend $15.00 so that your car doesn't catch fire and burn down the one next to it.
I wasn't thinking about fusing up this particular big 3 wire, but now I definitely will.

If that 50 volts draws less amps than the fuse rating.still screwed fused or not

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.