Adjusting LC2i and setting gains with DMM on new install.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lexicon740iL
10+ year member

AGM FTW!
I'd like some education from you guys on how to tune my new install properly.

Here is the setup > http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/569181-06-bmw-x5-stage-1-adding-subwoofer-monoblock.html

The Audio Control instruction says to turn the accuBASS threshold potentiometer on the side of the unit all the way up if there is no problem will bass roll off and you want the full range of adjustment through the level controls on the top of the unit. I'm assuming I fit this category since my head unit volume can go all the way up with really no noticeable distortion from my speakers.

So now I have 3 settings on the top of the unit. accuBASS - Main - Bass

x161LC2i-F.jpeg

I am using this on just the single monoblock so I connected my RCA's to the bass output RCA's per the audio control diagram.

Since the main output RCA's are unused and for a full range signal I'm assuming the dial for main will be unused/unadjusted.

Now I need to figure out how to set the proper level on the LOC for the correct output going to the amp.

This will be achieved by adjusting the Bass dial on the top of the unit I assume because I'm using the RCA's connect to the bass output to feed my amp it's signal.

Correct?

I found this video on the net

Is this the procedure I should use to set this bass dial for my output feeding my amp?

Disconnect the speaker leads from the amp and play the music until I see the maximized light start to illuminate on loud sections of music then back off a bit?

tain

Or would you guys just be hooking a DMM up to a set of RCA's coming of the Bass output feed and adjust the bass dial on the LC2i until I see a certain voltage output on the DMM?

Next I will need to set the gain on the Nakamichi.

I'd like to use the DMM method I read about on the Keep Hope Alive Thread here > http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1294233&page=1#Post1294233

Can someone please approve my math?

He says use Sub RMS Wattage X Final Ohm load

I'm using a single 13av.2 D2 Rated @ 1200RMS wired to 1Ohm so that's 1200X1 = 1200

And then the square root of 1200 is 34.6

So I should be looking for 34.6V ac on my fluke correct?

Does anyone have a link to a torrent for the tone CD by chance?

I guess I'll need that tone to get started.

Any advice is greatly appreciated I want to do this right and with the additional gains and bass processing with the LC2i in the mix I want to make my adjustments in the correct ways.

Hello Lexicon740iL -

I won't advise you on the DMM level matching methods - there are others who can help you with that. But I will confirm the level matching procedure for the LC2i - you are correct, our youtube video is a good reference and you will only be adjusting the Bass level. Generally you will have your head unit up to 3/4 volume (LC2i disconnected from amp - amp gains all the way down). Play something loud that you are familiar with and turn up the Bass output level on the LC2i until the Maximize light flickers - now back off just a touch until it is not flickering any more. At this point, you have maximized the output gain of the LC2i and you can continue with your level matching using whatever method's work best for you. Start with that amp gains all the way down - you will likely not need to adjust the amp gains much at this point.

I don't have any tone files I can refer you to, but we have a pink noise file you can download on our website under Mobile Audio -> Support -> Pink Noise Download (sorry, we are too new to post a URL).

AudioControl

Thank you so much for the reply!

It's nice to get the info straight from the horses mouth so to speak //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I will adjust my levels on the LC2i using the method you posted above...

And thanks for the heads up on the file on your site.. I will download it now.

And I'd also like to say thanks for building such fine audio products! I own several and I have always been happy. The initial testing I have done with the LC2i leads me to believe I have made another good choice for my factory integration piece. This thing really puts out a nice clean high voltage signal. And I love the accuBass adjustment feature as well.

Thanks again!

-Alex

When I had mine hooked up before to my W7 I had the accubass and bass at about 9'o clock and my amp gains were at like 25% and it got loud. I don't know if it's a common thing with the Lc2i but when I had mine installed I always noticed that if you hadn't had any bass playing for a few seconds and then it kicked in that the Lc2i took a second to register everything and get the bass playing at full volume again. Also when my stock radio was turned down the Lc2i would auto-attenuate the bass volume back up so my radio could be down below half and still be playing almost as loud as it was at 3/4 volume lol I dunno if that's just how the lc2i does it's thing or if it was just my system that caused that.

Either way I have a nice aftermarket HU now and everything is even better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.