LC2i removal

Participant count
  • Participant list

CMO45

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all, semi-noob here. I have a ram 1500 non Alpine edition. When I first installed my subs and amp into my truck I had to get a line out converter (LC2i). After a year or so, I ended up buying a new head unit (Sony XAV-AX1000). Obviously the new head unit had RCA connections that I was able to run straight into my amp. My problem is.. I figured I no longer needed the LC2i since I had the new head unit, so once I removed it the subs stopped receiving power. It's probably a dumb question but I don't understand why. The only thing connecting my LC2i to my amp is the remote wire..

The head unit harness has a blue-white wire which is the remote wire. You need to connect that wire to the remote in that is going to your amplifier. So from Sony blue-white wiring harness back to the remote in on the amplifier.

Last edited:
The head unit harness has a blue-white wire which is the remote wire. You need to connect that wire to the remote in that is going to your amplifier. So from Sony blue-white wiring harness back to the remote in on the amplifier.
once that is done, I can completely remove the LOC?

Yep shouldn't need it anymore with the head unit having RCA Pre-Outs and the remote wire out on the harness. That is what that LC2i is for so you can have the rca pre-outs to go back to an amplifier and the remote wire out to the amplifier so the amplifier turns on when the head unit turns on. With a Sony head unit in there you replaced that with a much better setup all around.

Yep shouldn't need it anymore with the head unit having RCA Pre-Outs and the remote wire out on the harness. That is what that LC2i is for so you can have the rca pre-outs to go back to an amplifier and the remote wire out to the amplifier so the amplifier turns on when the head unit turns on. With a Sony head unit in there you replaced that with a much better setup all around.
Something i'm also confused about is, I originally spliced into the speaker wire and ran them to the LC2i. I believe the only RCA I have plugged in is for the Sub connection. The speakers are already getting connection to the built in amp inside the receiver correct? Or do I need to run individual RCAs to the amp for the left/right connections?

So I have the black RCA which is for the sub.. That goes to the amp, but my amp has 2 input and 2 output RCAs.

Attachments

• g158XAV1000-o_other2.jpg
    g158XAV1000-o_other2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 17
RCA's from the head unit subwoofer out's which would be the middle set in that picture to the rca's on the subwoofer amplifier and blue-white wire remote out wire to the remote wire in on the subwoofer amplifier. The other speakers i.e the ones in the doors should be connected to the head unit wiring harness speaker wire UNLESS you have an amplifier for them as well.

Before we go any further. What subwoofer amplifier do you have? Do you have any other amplifiers in the system? Did you replace the speakers in the doors/dash with anything else? Let's start with the basics then those of us who are here can advise from that information on.

Last edited:
RCA's from the head unit subwoofer out's which would be the middle set in that picture to the rca's on the subwoofer amplifier and blue-white wire remote out wire to the remote wire in on the subwoofer amplifier. The other speakers i.e the ones in the doors should be connected to the head unit wiring harness speaker wire UNLESS you have an amplifier for them as well.

Before we go any further. What subwoofer amplifier do you have? Do you have any other amplifiers in the system? Did you replace the speakers in the doors/dash with anything else? Let's start with the basics then those of us who are here can advise from that information on.

Okay so for the basics, No I do not have a factory amp, or any other amp installed. I only have the one amp to power my subwoofers. I have not replaced the door speakers either.

- I have two JL Audio 10" 10ow3 subwoofers, (SVC 4 Ohm).
- I have a Sony Xplod Amp, XM-ZR1252, 2 channel 800w. *I actually bought this amp back when circuit city was still in business and it has been running flawlessly for me. I had two 12" Kenwood subs in a ported box and the system would knock my rearview mirror off every other week.
- Sony XAV-AX1000 receiver.
The system is running fine at the moment. My only concern was about the LC2i not being used anymore.

Also since I'm talking to someone who knows about subs and amps, (you).. I thought I would ask the question about the RCA's.

1 more question, on my amp I have two sets of + and - for the "speakers out". A left and a right. I have my subwoofer wires' + and - going to each set as if they're two separate speakers being powered by the amp. I'm not sure if this is incorrect, and causing less power to be delivered, or if I need to run my subs parallel and run a single set of + and - to either the right or left terminals on the amp?

Thank you so much, and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...