Adjusting Input Voltage Confusion *SS Rubicon 1.2500*

Ive had an Alpine in my truck for about 10 years, and just recently updated. LOL - Looks like this \/\/\/\/\/
h500CDA7894p.jpg

And on mine you could change the high pass and low pass crossover settings, the subs phase, and the subwoofer level. Again Im not sure if they are the same, but after turning on the sub outs - the subwoofer level was accessed by pressing the volume button in. (Same menu as treble/bass/fade/blah)

Not sure if this will help, but my experience with Alpine anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif
Well i will definitly try this in the morning. I do have the lpf/hpf crossover settings, and then the sub On/Off... But i havent found the sub lvl yet. Ill have to give it a shot. It keep you guys posted. Im sure its something stupid like missing a setting somewhere, these alpine HU are not Noob qualified enough for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Well i will definitly try this in the morning. I do have the lpf/hpf crossover settings, and then the sub On/Off... But i havent found the sub lvl yet. Ill have to give it a shot. It keep you guys posted. Im sure its something stupid like missing a setting somewhere, these alpine HU are not Noob qualified enough for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Did you adjust the crossover settings as I suggested? And confirm that the subwoofers are not wired out of phase?

Well i toyed around with it a little today, and i was unable to find any sort of setting for subwoofer lvl besides the on/off. I pulled the subs out of the box to check to see how they were wired.

Am i wired 1 Ohm?

I have my subs in a center ported box, terminals on each side of the box. Each sub is wired + to +, - to -, and then 1 + and 1 - from the sub to the terminal on the box. Then the positive and negitive from each sub run fro the box to the amp. Positive from 1 sub and postive from the other, same with negitives, into amp. Is this 1 ohm, or are they stil 2 ohms...

For kicks i disconnected one sub, and tried runnning one sub at 2 ohms to the amp at about 45 v on the gain, and i swear i have more output from the 1 solo sub at 2 ohms than before. Have i been running these at 2ohms this whole time with my gain so low becuase i thought they were wired 1 ohm?

Well i toyed around with it a little today, and i was unable to find any sort of setting for subwoofer lvl besides the on/off. I pulled the subs out of the box to check to see how they were wired.
Am i wired 1 Ohm?

I have my subs in a center ported box, terminals on each side of the box. Each sub is wired + to +, - to -, and then 1 + and 1 - from the sub to the terminal on the box. Then the positive and negitive from each sub run fro the box to the amp. Positive from 1 sub and postive from the other, same with negitives, into amp. Is this 1 ohm, or are they stil 2 ohms...

For kicks i disconnected one sub, and tried runnning one sub at 2 ohms to the amp at about 45 v on the gain, and i swear i have more output from the 1 solo sub at 2 ohms than before. Have i been running these at 2ohms this whole time with my gain so low becuase i thought they were wired 1 ohm?
you cannot wire two D4 subs to 2 ohms..either 4 ohms or 1 ohm, based on the description, you are indeed at 1 ohm, when disconnecting 1 sub, you are only then at 2 ohms.....sounds like you have a +/- crossed from the box to the amp, or one of the subs wired out of phase in the box....but this cannot explain the inability to get the right amount of output at the amp's outputs when setting the gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.