Something odd with my Clarion CZ702, please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

ledvedder
10+ year member

NJ
I just installed this unit in my van. I choose 2 way, since I only have 6 speakers and no sub. What's weird is that this setting seems to cut all the bass out of the rear 6x9 speakers. I was checking the fader and balance to make sure I had the speakers wired correctly, and when I faded to just the back speakers, I realized they were just playing highs. All the lows seem to be from the front door and dash speakers. Is this normal? I was wondering why it seemed like the cymbals were behind me.

sounds like you have the xovers on or some other setting that's splitting signals maybe an active setting? try resetting the unit and setting it up again.

check the hp filter on the rears ,it may be on and causing this.you can just change the frts to back and backs to frts also if that doesnt work. the deck is a new deck so i dont know too much about it other than its a 3 way active deck

If you look at page 9 of the manual, http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/106/777/CZ702_EN.pdf, 2 way mode was the closest to my speaker setup (rear, front door, dash). The other 2 modes (normal and 3 way) have subs. The different modes have settings that apply automatically to all the filters. It had the high HPF set at 2K. As I changed that setting, finally setting it to passthrough, it brought the bass back into the rear speakers. I found that a bit odd. I double checked both the balance and fader to make sure all the speakers were wired correctly, and they are. Now, I'm also wondering if the time alignment settings aren't affecting the correct speakers, since the filters seem to be on the wrong speakers.

If you look at page 9 of the manual, http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/106/777/CZ702_EN.pdf, 2 way mode was the closest to my speaker setup (rear, front door, dash). The other 2 modes (normal and 3 way) have subs. The different modes have settings that apply automatically to all the filters. It had the high HPF set at 2K. As I changed that setting, finally setting it to passthrough, it brought the bass back into the rear speakers. I found that a bit odd. I double checked both the balance and fader to make sure all the speakers were wired correctly, and they are. Now, I'm also wondering if the time alignment settings aren't affecting the correct speakers, since the filters seem to be on the wrong speakers.
I'm assuming you are not using an amplifier, if so you should have the head unit set to normal. In 2-way mode the subwoofer output becomes the rear, and the rear output is for the front tweeters.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.