Adjusting Input Voltage Confusion *SS Rubicon 1.2500*

Jstevens0716
10+ year member

Ny
lol Hey Guys,

I know my title sounds very noob'ish, but i do have a couple questions for ya guys. I recently purchased a Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500 Amplifier, and iv had some difficulties getting this amp adjusted. I set amplifier input voltage, but i was getting very little output from subwoofers. I am getting significantly better output now, but with bass boost at 10dB (0-18dB) . I have ran this amplifier flawlessly in the past, but the amplifier had been tuned by a shop. I am new to the audio world and this is my first attempt at tuning my amplifier myself, so all input and opinions are greatly appreciated.

Im trying to set my input voltage, I have my LPF/HPF on the HU set to flat,and Gain, Subsonic, LPF, and bass boost all turned down on the amplifier, with the speaker wires disconnected,and DMM probes in terminals. I have a 40hz tone burnt to cd, on repeat in HU, Volume 75%.

Questions: When setting input voltage, Do i disconnect Bass Knob from Amplifier, or do i leave it connected and just turn it all the way down? (Gain=0, When i disconnect bassknob from amp, DMM reads 2.3v, with bass knob connected but all the way down DMM reads 16.3v)

Once Input Voltage is set, Does adjusting bass boost change input voltage?

Headunit- Alpine CDA-9830

Amplifier- Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500

Subwoofers- (2) American Bass XFL 1244, Ported Enclosure

XS Power D925, Big 3, 0 gauge Runs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The knob is a remote gain. Plug it in and turn it all the way up, then set your gains on the amp. Make sure the remote gain is at max so when you set your gains on your amp you are not clipping or going higher than what you want. There is also a swtich on the amp to match the output fro the HU. I believe its 0-3v and 3-5v or something similar. If your preouts are 3v then set it to the that range, if they are 5v then set it to the other.

The knob is a remote gain. Plug it in and turn it all the way up, then set your gains on the amp. Make sure the remote gain is at max so when you set your gains on your amp you are not clipping or going higher than what you want. There is also a swtich on the amp to match the output fro the HU. I believe its 0-3v and 3-5v or something similar. If your preouts are 3v then set it to the that range, if they are 5v then set it to the other.
Ok, Thanks man. Im literally making the adjustments as we speak. How do i know/find out what my preout V is? Yes, the switch on my amp is .1v-2v/2v-8v. Previously i had set the switch to 2v-8v, but i am trying to reach 49-50 volts, for the 2500 rms rating, but at 2v-8v i can only adjust the voltage up to approx. 38v/ac.

after you set the gains correct ...turn the bass boost off...set your lpf at around 80 -100 and subsonic around 25...even with the gains set correctly ypu will get little to no output with your lpf all the way down

after you set the gains correct ...turn the bass boost off...set your lpf at around 80 -100 and subsonic around 25...even with the gains set correctly ypu will get little to no output with your lpf all the way down
Sorry for confusion, I turned lpf all the way down only to set the gain. I previously had to it to approx. 80hz on the amp and same on HU. And still not getting much output. Prior to the system, i was running a SS Rubi 1.2500 and a Sundown Nightshade 15, in my old tiburon and running a 143.7dB. Right now... Id say im lucky to be getting 100dB out of it right now... i finally got somewhat decent performance out of the amp after toying around with the settings this past week, but it was only with the bass boost approx. 10dB

What hu do you have?
I previously was running a Soundstream VIR-8300NR, but someone i had spoke with on this forum said that may have been my issue. So i swapped out my VIR-8300NR with an older alpine i had laying around that i pull out of my last car before i sold it.... HU= Alpine CDA-9830

yea you shouldnt have to turn the bass boost up to get ouput ..i wouldnt mess with it at all
Ok, cool. Well ima run out to the garage now and see what happens. I also just looked up my head unit, and from the info iv gathered it has 4v preouts, so i should be setting that switch on the amplifier to 2v-8v?

yea u wana match the gains to output of rcas on the hu.....also double check sub wiring make sure its wired at 1 ohm and not 4

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

those things should slam pretty well on that amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.