Adjustable passive radiator series tuned 6th order.

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
im building an adjustable enclosure that can be played as a simple passive radiator box, but can also be slid into a second enclosure to convert it into and adjustable 6th order. Utilizing a 10 inch Dayton reference high excursion sub and 2 10 inch passive radiators. The active section will be 1.5 cubes containing the sub and both passive radiators. i will be able to slide the radiator section in and out of the 6th order conversion to adjust air space in the front/high tuned section allowing me to adjust space in a range of 1-1.75 cubes. The front ports will be a removable contraption using 4 inch rounds and will allow tuning adjustments from 46-60 HZ. My first step will be constructing the passive radiator/sub section, which i will test out by itself while I construct the bandpass section of the enclosure. I want to push it hard and hear how it plays before I bandpass it. The sub is a 10 inch Dayton/800 watts rms with 25 mm xmax. The radiators I’m using are from Earthquake. 10 inch tunable radiators, each have 50.8 mm of usable xmax. With 255 grams of added weight, they will be tuned to around 14 HZ to start out. I will likely remove weights and tune higher to get a little more SPL in my final setup, as I technically don’t need to play down to 20 HZ in my car, but it will be fun to adjust tuning on the radiators and watch how they act and change with different weights. The course of this project will run over the next 2 weeks, but the adjustments, radiator tuning changes, port tuning changes will likely take months.
EDE867B9-5C74-4770-81EA-EDEC0FF34338.jpeg
E9A370CA-3573-4B7B-BF0A-C4A0B49EC8EE.jpeg
7B5D6849-1553-40DB-977A-90D4FCE89264.jpeg

Dude, I'm so following this. I love passive radiators, and I've always wanted to do some crazy dumb **** like this.

Matt

Ps, come to Florida and build my box....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...