Adding subs w/o oem integration unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

sobe3yourself.
10+ year member

lordside gangster
Orange, CA
Is there a way to add an amp and a pair of subs without putting an aftermarket HU or an oem integration unit (cleansweep, 3sixty...)

It's a 2008 honda accord with the premium sound system. It comes with a stock sub in the rear deck and im guessing an amplifier to power it separated from the other speakers. Is there any way to bypass this amp and power a low power amp (no more than 400 watts) without doing too much work?

I know you said you don't want to try an OEM integration unit, but the Maxxsonics MX1 and the MTX reQ-5 are MUCH cheaper than the 360 and Cleansweep. I had a MX1, and although I was unable to use it in my car it was very good for the price. Sold it to a friend and it worked perfect for him.

I don't see why you can't just take a Line-Out converter to take the speaker-level output from your headunit and turn it into a low-level RCA output that you can run to a separate amp. Your headunit may even already have RCA outputs since it's the "premium" version rather than standard; you should do some research to check on that.

Re-Q.....cheap, easy....and it works. Used one in the wifes tribute, to upgrade the factory sub. Bypassed the factory amp, and replaced the sub, and added a small amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.