Adding amps to factory radio, two questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

kelley350x

I will be getting a new f-150 next week and i would like to try to use the factory head unit. I have used line output converts in the past and know i will be needing to use them again.

The last time i used them was in a regular cab that did not have rear speakers so i used the rear speaker wires for the output converter for my subs.

I will be installing a kicker zx350.4 amp to push my highs and mids and a zx1000.1 to push my two subs. I have already used this set up in my current truck but i was using a pioneer Avh-p4100dvd for a head unit.

first question: How do i add a "sub woofer" output to my factory 4 channel stereo. I was looking at the kicker kx3 crossover because it adds the sub output and is pretty cheap. a friend told me to use a rca "y", what would be the better method? IS there a better route?

second question: what equalizer would be a good one? I would like to mount it to my amp rack so it will need to be one that mounts flat like an amp, not a 1/2 din mount.

Thanks

MIke

They are trying to get one of two for me, neither truck has the navigation. One as the sony sound and the other dont. I really dont want the one with sony sound but that truck also has the factory trailer brake controller. the other does not.

I dont want to waste the money on the sony, mainly because the factory tweeters are going to be hard to get a replacement for that will fit in the factory location. Without the sony sound i can mount my flush mount kickers in the door panel like they were in my 04.

I have never used an external eq before so forgive me if this dont make sense but, on the kq9 it has a high level input and the low level input. If i do not hook a rca cable up to the low level input will i still be able to use the sub output?

I dont like the kq9 because of it being a 1/2 din instead of a surface mount but if its what i need to use than so be it.

Thanks for the ideas and help. Keep the ideas coming.

MIke

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.