adding alpine 110 tweeters

Participant count
  • Participants list

dhilling

I'm installing a "used/New" system in a 2000 Jeep GC with my son. Anyway, the HU is a MEX-BT3000(used) which only has 2 RCA outputs. one is going to a 4 channel BOSS CXX1204 amp(powers 2 3-way fosgate front speakers on channel 1/2...3/4 is not used) and the other is going to a (used)sony xplod amp (for 2 10" subs). System sounds good (for me anyway) but he wanted to get more highs and replaced the factory tweeters in the dash with a new pair of alpin 110 with crossover.

Anyway, since the HU only has 2 RCA outs I connected the tweeters to the same connections on the BOSS amp with the fosgate front speakers. The tweeters do work but you can barely hear them. I am by no means an audio guy, but without replacing any/all of his equipment. Is there a better way to run the new tweeters? I called the place where he purchased them but they want $$ to answer any ?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Doug

I would connect thee tweets to the ch3&4. you might have to split the rca signal to have them work unless the amp has a 2ch 4ch input selector on it. that way you could push more juice through the tweets and balance out the sound.

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking I didn't ask the right ? since nobody was replying. Anyway, when you said to split the rca do you mean the rca from the hu that feeds my front speakers? cut/split them before the amp and connect to channel 3/4 too? then run my tweeters correct? I tried connecting them to the hd (built-in front, but you still can't really hear them)

dont cut and splice. they have a splitter that will plug into the rca's and give you enough for the 4ch from 2 rca's. but check the side of the amp first and see if there is a switch that say "input", "2ch-4ch"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.