Upgraded Batt for Dodge Stratus?

Participant count
  • Participant list

clanderson

Nebraska
Hey guys, I've been searching for a while and I'm not sure what battery would be best, functionally and physically, for my 2002 Dodge Stratus. For those who don't know, the Stratus' battery is inside of the wheel well, behind the bumper. I'm not sure what size or anything, but they don't sell any Optima Yellow Tops that fit, and that's the only lead I had, honestly hahaha.

So! If anybody could suggest a high output battery for a 2002 Dodge Stratus, it would be tremendously appreciated! (Maybe something that won't completely break the bank either!)

I think I need a size 26 battery, Optima sells a red top in 25 which I think would fit, but i'm not sure if it'd be good enough..

Anybody?

And would this be better than this? I believe the 25/75 would fit..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure those run a group 75 or equiv. (XS D925) : Length 9 1/16" - Width 7 1/16" - Height 7 5/16" - You may need a special mounting bracket though, XS Power sells 1 I think, or you could make or have one made...

So you think the XS D925 would work for my system? I live in Nebraska, and in the winter we get very low temperatures.. Also, I think I'm going to need side posts, as the battery is inside the wheel well and doesn't have any room out of the top.

And I cant find a mounting bracket... Ahhhhh so confusing!!

If you go with XS power they sell the side post kit... Google XS Power and check out their website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

They would be ok even with a max of 35 AH?

Would the Kinetic HC1200 be better?

Thanks for all the responses btw!

They would be ok even with a max of 35 AH?Would the Kinetic HC1200 be better?

Thanks for all the responses btw!
I don't personally care for Kinetic, but to each their own //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Bottom line in your case is fitment... XS is saying the D925 should fit, but may require you to modify your stock mounting / bracket... Not sure on the HC1200... One thing you can do is to take your current batt's actual measurements and do some searching or email a few of these companies and see what they have to say about it, most are pretty good at getting back to their potential customer's inquires //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So I'm 90% sure I need a group 75...

I just received my D975, but realized XS says that it delivers only 1000w as a starting battery - is that even better than my stock?

Amazon won't accept returns on batteries, I guess, even though they said I could return this item at checkout... Ugh. So am I stuck with a $175 battery that's not even as good as my stock battery??

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.