added 2nd battery now amp stays on?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a yellow top upfront and I just added one to the rear. How come now the amp doesnt turn off? it did before with 1 battery.
The second battery has nothing to do with the amp staying on. How you wired it or what happened while you were wiring it does. I would check to make sure you didn't get a stray wire shorted from the power input to the remote input on the amp.

Ninety nine out of 100 times, when we have a strange problem with electronics we install (whether we're professional or not)... it's a wiring error.

The second battery has nothing to do with the amp staying on. How you wired it or what happened while you were wiring it does. I would check to make sure you didn't get a stray wire shorted from the power input to the remote input on the amp.
Ninety nine out of 100 times, when we have a strange problem with electronics we install (whether we're professional or not)... it's a wiring error.
Hit the nail on the head. OP, the battery provides power for the amplifier, but your remote wire is what actually tells it to turn on. Check your remote wire to the full length, and see if you can find where or why it's not sending a signal to your amp.

All I did different was add the battery. So your saying check the remote turn on at the amp? Thats the only thing I disconnected while adding the 2nd battery besides the neg and positive

Yes. If you unhooked something and it worked before, and now does not... chances are, you need to double check your double check.

Yes. If you unhooked something and it worked before, and now does not... chances are, you need to double check your double check.
Ill have to check my other amp to see if its turning off. If it is im just going to jump from one amp to the other for the remote. Is that fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.