Add more bass to my wife's 2011 Genesis Coupe

gunz4me2
10+ year member

Bat Country
Louisiana
Here is my wife's vehicle:

Shine2.jpg

She can't stand the lack of bass that her "premium" sound system has, so she asked me what I could do about it. The constraints were add bass by taking up as little space as possible. Furthermore, the trunk is mostly steel with a relatively small passthru:

Pass-thru.jpg

This weekend, I built an enclosure for a True Bass 8 that I had laying around.

GenCoupeSub4web.jpg

The plan is to grab signal from the factory sub, fire the True Bass 8 into the pass through, and run the Lunar L1500 at 1 ohm. That should satisfy her desire for more bass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I ordered a PAC SOEM-T because the local car audio shop wanted to charge me $60, YES $60 for theirs!

So, this is to be continued!

an array of 8s or 10s along the pass-thru? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I actually came close to ordering a Tymphany Line Array Transducer from Madisound to run IB in the pass-thru. Then I was told that the output was nowhere near the pair of 12s that they quote by a friend of mine who actually owns 4. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Besides, I already had the 8 and the L1500... Materials to build the enclosure ran me a whopping $12.

Autodupe FTL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's car is a 3.8 Grand Touring with an auto tragic. IMHO it was a nice car for the price.

Even though the 2.0T has an electronic wastegate, I never liked the idea of turbo cars with auto tragics... Plus, the 2.0T with an automatic just didn't feel right because it was PITA to make the turbo spool up.

they sorta look like an Eclipse
That's what she wanted before I suggested that she look into the Genesis Coupe or the 370z. What is the modern Eclipse these days... a Galant without rear doors?

If i was her i wouldve asked for a car that wasnt such a piece of plastic ****.
What would you have suggested? Would it have been something from one of the "please US Gubment bail us out because nobody is purchasing our crappy cars" US Auto makers? That alone has caused me to COMPLETELY rule out both GM and Chrysler for MY next automobile purchase.

I came in here thinking i was going to see a -500wrms set up.But i seen 1500 watt amp... lot of power with the option for less i like,

Did you get the idea of turning it the juice down encase later she wants more later all you'd have to do is swap some wires / twist a knob?

Was what i was thinking(until i searched and found the amp is really 500wrms)

i also see no highs/mids /no highs amp looks like you are in 1 step of a 3 step project.And i say that because with more bass should come more highs/mids.shpould be able to get away with 500rms setup i guess idk..

anywho nniiice the genesis is a nice overall vehicle i think there's a guy here with one and it has some nice rims with all the name emblems removed looks good i'd redline 1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.