Acura rims fit Porsche bolt pattern?

Participant count
  • Participant list

LoudCrownVic
5,000+ posts

1/1 of Team Team Team
I have a chance to pick up some rims that once were on an Acura RSX for cheap, they are supposedly some kind of offset metric pattern. Would they fit my 87 924 Porsche? THey both have 5 bolt patterns, and both cars use metric... I believe the RSX is FWD though.

Help if you know anything, I am a n00b at this kind of stuff. Is there a problem with FWD rims on a RWD car?

Thanks a ton!

found it for u

acura rsx bolt pattern 5x114.3 (5x4.5)

ur porsche bolt pattern 5x130

that means direct fit not possible u would need to get an adapter

you can basically fit any wheel from any car to any other car, you jsut need the right adapter

and all that 'metric' means is the pattern is measured in millimeters instead of inches, and there is no difference between FWD and RWD wheels

It was like 100/16 or .116 or something. The guy was hard to understand. Lemme see if I can get the bolt pattern for my car, that will help.

Btw your car rocks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

It says in the owners manual 6 J (width) x 15 (heighth) H2.

I'm sure that means nothing... It also says "consult your Porsce dealer for the nessecary dimensions."

Bastards!

i listed the bolt patterns in my post for both cars
and which one of my cars?
****, I missed it. Thanks a ton! Where did you find that?

And your Nissan. I always wanted one of those. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

****, I either need these rims or new tires on the old rims. I gotz weatherchecking and a couple bad bubbles.

He's got some 98 Mitzu Eclipse Rims too... But don't bother looking it up I'll do it, I'm going over there in the morning to see if any of the numerous sets this guy has will fit anyway.]

HOLY **** I didn't even see the VW roadster, that is bad ass!

found it for u
acura rsx bolt pattern 5x114.3 (5x4.5)

ur porsche bolt pattern 5x130

that means direct fit not possible u would need to get an adapter

you can basically fit any wheel from any car to any other car, you jsut need the right adapter

and all that 'metric' means is the pattern is measured in millimeters instead of inches, and there is no difference between FWD and RWD wheels
I dont wanna be an ass or jack a thread. But misinformation breeds other misinformation.

i beg to differ a bit. Generally FWD rims will have a higher offeset in order to clear the necessary equipment without rubbing against the fender, wheras on RWD cars, lower offsets are usually the norm, because the drivetrain has a lot less complexity to it, which allows the wheel to be closer to the fender without interfering with the components of the drive and steering systems.

But as far as width and bot patterns, yeah everything is pretty much the same... well as far as standard sizes go, like i know that some of the most popular 4 lug patterns are 4x100 and 4x114.3.

BTW i love your Z... ive always wanted a 300... but i settled for a 240sx. Is yours turbo or non turbo?

I dont wanna be an ass or jack a thread. But misinformation breeds other misinformation.
i beg to differ a bit. Generally FWD rims will have a higher offeset in order to clear the necessary equipment without rubbing against the fender, wheras on RWD cars, lower offsets are usually the norm, because the drivetrain has a lot less complexity to it, which allows the wheel to be closer to the fender without interfering with the components of the drive and steering systems.

But as far as width and bot patterns, yeah everything is pretty much the same... well as far as standard sizes go, like i know that some of the most popular 4 lug patterns are 4x100 and 4x114.3.
I need to get as wide as I can... I don't care if that **** sticks out 6 inches from the fender, once the money is made the 924 is getting a fiberglass widebody kit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks for the info, it is true that FWD does have a higher offset. Some FWD rims also have a different center cap/ center hole.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.