California Law for Tinting?

danteBirosel
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Was searching around and didnt find th esolution, but was wondering whats the cali law for tinting windows? How dark can it be? i have a 1994 nissan pathfinder and want to tint all my 9 windows

2 front

2 back

2 small back

2 trunk window

1 rear

Thanks.

Dante

wait so we cant have no tints on the front windows??? How come i see alot of people have tints in the front windows??
It’s not because they tint their front windshield. In most cases it is because there rear and passenger windows are tinted so dark that it makes the front window look tinted, especially if they have a black interior. If you do indeed tint your front windshield, you will probably have a fix it ticket within a few hours of driving.

If you want to tint you front windshield, put on some sunglasses //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Driver and Passenger windows in California can have no tint on them. IMO, if you stay above 35% you probably will avoid the fix it tickets. Rear windows can be what ever you want them to be.

Driver and Passenger windows in California can have no tint on them. IMO, if you stay above 35% you probably will avoid the fix it tickets. Rear windows can be what ever you want them to be.
x2 .. i live in cali and have 32% on the front for over a year now and have drove past many cops and have never been stopped ... although it is illegal most cops wnt bother to stop u just for that

Been pulled over for front tint. Profilling @ its best.

The legal limit is 5% all around. 70% fronts, and up to a 4" strip.

The front "tint" you see is not tint. It is just a colored shading in to the glass, and provides no UV protection.

You can get away with it most of the time. But cops will use it as an excuse to be a dick.

Been pulled over for front tint. Profilling @ its best.
The legal limit is 5% all around. 70% fronts, and up to a 4" strip.

The front "tint" you see is not tint. It is just a colored shading in to the glass, and provides no UV protection.

You can get away with it most of the time. But cops will use it as an excuse to be a dick.

yea, especially over here in san diego

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.