Acoustic loading and wall explanation

Participant count
  • Participant list
yea, i saw the build log. i know the engine is behind the rear seats but the factory body is thin and you're losing output to the rear. walling off behind the seats with MDF will gain you overall level.
if anything, incorporate some 8" or 10" midbass there

How deep are the rear firewall mounted sub
Would MDF be better than fiberglass for the wall behind the seats? There's about three inches of space there. Midbass is something I don't have a problem with for some reason. Maybe its the resonance of the car or something?

Would MDF be better than fiberglass for the wall behind the seats? There's about three inches of space there. Midbass is something I don't have a problem with for some reason. Maybe its the resonance of the car or something?
mdf should be cheaper but heavier.

great discussion so far. On the topic of midbass, how is it that some cars just naturally have amazing midbass potential even without deadening doors?

great discussion so far. On the topic of midbass, how is it that some cars just naturally have amazing midbass potential even without deadening doors?
was wondering the same thing, most of the cars I have had just struggle with mid bass, but I have learned to compensate with tuning a little but still would like that kick in the chest feeling once in a while.

you could build up a 3/8" thick fiberglass shell behind the seats and that could work.
Thanks!

I didn't think about weight, haha. I've already added a lot I guess.

was wondering the same thing, most of the cars I have had just struggle with mid bass, but I have learned to compensate with tuning a little but still would like that kick in the chest feeling once in a while.
Mid-bass is great. I really struggle with getting teh lowz though.

exactly! I deadened and sealed my doors, acoustically treated them, made proper baffles and weather strip seals and I get adequate midbass where i hear it and its vibrating my interior even with the sub off but no chest kick unless I overexaggerate the EQ but thats bad touch right there.

you might get better lows from a good 10 tuned to low 30s compared to an spl oriented sub in a kind of small box.
My best setup for lows so far was an SA8v2 tuned to 27 hz. I forget how many cubes it was. It just wasn't loud enough.

exactly! I deadened and sealed my doors, acoustically treated them, made proper baffles and weather strip seals and I get adequate midbass where i hear it and its vibrating my interior even with the sub off but no chest kick unless I overexaggerate the EQ but thats bad touch right there.
With every setup, I get the kick in the chest more than anything.

stop it you are making me drool!
I wish I had lows! Want to trade??

what are your mid bass you are using,...... I was thinking on my build I wanted to make enclosures for them instead of free airing em.
I'm using SQ 6.5 pro mids in custom MDF boxes. They're sealed up really good and punchy as hell. I was thinking about adding another pair when I upgrade my substage again

ok, I have 3 pair of those was going to do a pair in ea. door and make an enclosure. what size is it (your enclosure for mid)
281.25 cubic inches, so about .16 cubes each. You've also got to think about how small my car is

yea, you can can put a 6" in a ported box and do 130db in your pee pee car lol

the only thing I don't really like but have no choice is that I cannot recces the enclosure into the door much because the frigin window.

yea, you can can put a 6" in a ported box and do 130db in your pee pee car lol
the only thing I don't really like but have no choice is that I cannot recces the enclosure into the door much because the frigin window.
I'm going to do door pods because of mine. There were no stock speakers in the doors.

One of my friends did a 136 in the trunk on music, with two alpine type e's in a prefab. Lol

I think he had a sony Xplod amp pushing them.

I want to get metered so bad!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.