Accessories interfering with my Subwoofer.?

Participant count
  • Participant list

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
So, I installed an aftermarket set of fog lights and when I turn them on I can " hear" the power through my subwoofer. That is the best way to describe it. Also I have a CB radio and when I key and let go of the mic up my sub hits hard. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to check/ correct??

Noise can be introduced through RCA cables. Be sure to use high quality shielded cables and try to keep them away from any big power cables or possible sources of noise.

Also if your head unit is low quality or has an internal fault (such as the infamous pico-fuse issue in some Pioneers) that could be a point where noise is being introduced.

You could start by getting 20 feet of quality RCA run it to the amp just loose and see if the noise issues change right away or as you move the RCA closer or further away from different points in the vehicle. https://www.nadbl.org/index.php/event-calendar

You may need to look into getting at least a 30-40 amp relay installed also for the Lights and one for the CB may help. As stated.. make sure your ground connection is solid and secure for your amplifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...