Just some advice & numbers please.

Participant count
  • Participant list

DjRedcap

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,

Bit noobish at this, tried doing my own math and reading posts till my eyes hang out but just looking at some advice on how I should setup gains or just get new speakers or anything to help out really.

Pioneer 1000 watt Max amp running of the original rear speaker wires from factory headunit. Ford BA, think headunit pumps out roughly 17watts per channel

I have 1x 8" sub, rockford fosgate P3 300 peak, 150 rms. Bridged to channel B, offers more power, tried using meter to set gains but highest voltage said 4.1 ???

2x pyle plg64 midbass yellow cone wired left and right channel A set gains to roughly 16 volts

Is this correct, should I buy better watt speakers to match amp or is it possible to run these fine with low pass filter or even full range just for the 6" pyles ?

Any input on what you would do would be much appreciated, just looking for best setup with what I got. Just seems for the power they aren't all that or is that just the max capacity of the speakers? Cheers.
Noob!

Thanks for the reply,

It is the Pioneer GM-A6704 4channel it has high pass, full range, low pass on channels A and channels B is for low pass. I don't use bass boost and tried matching gains at about 75% volume to the speaker watts. Speakers are all 4 ohm and I use the sub as bridged on channel B both positives to positive, both negatives to negative as the try get the 4ohm stable on both voice coils. Does this sound right, maybe I should run sub in series but at the 8 ohm?

Just suggestions or best way to set this up really. B channel always shows on 4.1 on multimeter tho so can't match sub gains, weird.

If your sub has dual 4 ohm voice coils, then you are bridging the amplifier at 2 ohm mono. The amplifier is not rated for that load. Wire it in series for 8 ohm mono.
I see that you are using the factory stereo. Some factory stereos block bass to keep from destroying the factory speakers. So that may be the problem trying to set the gain.

Ah excellent, I did have it as series to begin with but read on another forum to add both positive and both negatives in bridge. Thanks for the advice mate, ill rewire it today. As for the gains I guess ill just have to play around and do it by ear when the bass changes and drop it back. Cheers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...