AC/Amp problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnT2402

This is my first installation, and it all went smoothly for the most part. Previously I had a chirping from my AC clutch, but it still worked. After I finished the install there was only cold air when it was cold outside and warm air when it was warm. As well as this, I had my sub installed for about a week when my amp went unresponsive. It is not in protection mode, just no power at all. I used a multimeter to check my ground and power with positive results. I have attempted testing my remote wire but I am unsure if I am doing it correctly (there is some static).

My amp is a Boss Riot 1100 (I know nothing great but I was on a budget), so let me know if you have had any similar problems with the amp. Any suggestions for either the amp problem or the AC problem would be greatly appreciated.

This is my first installation, and it all went smoothly for the most part. Previously I had a chirping from my AC clutch, but it still worked. After I finished the install there was only cold air when it was cold outside and warm air when it was warm. As well as this, I had my sub installed for about a week when my amp went unresponsive. It is not in protection mode, just no power at all. I used a multimeter to check my ground and power with positive results. I have attempted testing my remote wire but I am unsure if I am doing it correctly (there is some static).
My amp is a Boss Riot 1100 (I know nothing great but I was on a budget), so let me know if you have had any similar problems with the amp. Any suggestions for either the amp problem or the AC problem would be greatly appreciated.
As far as the AC problem, it might be the flap that switches between AC and heat, that happened in my car once, have a mechanic look at it, should be an easy fix. As far as the amp, check the DC voltage when the car is running across the positive and negative, this should be at 13-15 V, the remote wire doesn't matter as long as it has at least 5V DC. Make sure all your wires are fine, go from the battery all the way to the amp, take a look at your fuse holder, some low grade holders will melt overtime causing a loss in voltage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.