A read for new people looking for help-a warning

I agree with not everyone knows what they claim to know. But sometimes you have to research some stuff on your own. You should of built the box by yourself, little trial & error always comes in handy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I know everyone starts out learning from the ground up. I did years ago myself.

My friend wanted a system, I told him we can build his box, NO. He wanted it now, so prefab he went. 10 inch SQ HDC3. It sounds Okay but you can tell the box is to big IMO. I built a box for a 8 Inch DD bought off a member. 1.1 CF tuned 38 with SQIN 18 of port. It's just as loud as his 10 if not a little bit louder. If you need help ask, If you feel the answers are not correct or question them, Ask other people and see what they say. Did you call Soundqubed up and ask them for any tech info ? That would of been my starting point.

after reading both threads from you i say you need to read the manuals and learn how to set your h/u - amp - i have that amp and i have it on a sq hdc3 15" in a about 5^3 ported box by boomsday also.

and i use that bass boost all the time. you have to learn how to set your stuff up before you go blaming other people or your system.

lets just say my system ( sq hdc3 15" and a ppi 1800.1 amp my truck is falling apart from the bass.

learn to setup...............

i appologize for the leave, been selling my house. but now i'm ready to get back on this problem before i try selling. The box measures 39w, 19h, 22d. I'm have to measure the port size after work, but i'm thinking about just shoving a blanket in there for now. Problem being i have to take the back seat out of my car to get the box out. Do you think this will help?

Right now you are just saying "this fking system *****" But your not really giving us more in depth details.
turn down your subsonic filter, 3/4 is a little bit high your practically cutting off almost all bass frequencies. Make your head unit Equalization to flat turn the subsonic filter down to 1/3.

Throw some mdf wood blocks inside the box. It'll make the box smaller and tune it higher.

Do you want lower bass? do you want punchier bass? Does it sound bloated, sloppy and uncontrolled? Or is it not outputting any appropriate level of volume? Pinpoint your problems if you want them solved.

Where did you get the box design from again as in who told you to make it that big? Those hds 200s run better on 1.5 to 2.0 cubic feet, its not a monster sub where it needs THAT big of a box. That box is more suited to an hdc3/hdc4.

Just want to start out by saying in the end it was my choice to do what i did with my car audio, and i'm not here to push blame on anyone else. Just wanted to tell some new members who are looking for help to make sure you research what you are buying and why you are buying it. Like you i came on this forum a few months ago looking for help with a sub system. I was advised to purchases (2) SQ hs212 subs and a 2000watt percision power amp. I was advised to have a custom box built at 5^ft with a single chamber tuned to 35 hrtz. After months of trying to get this system to work correct. I drove to a professional shop and they said the main cause for my problems is the box is all kinds of wrong. They said i would have been better buying a prefab individual chamber ported box. This was the first system i have ever purchased new and it is by far the worst sounding one. I spent 135$ on the box to get it custom built.... As i stated in the beginning these choices were mine to make, I just wish i would have made better choices and didn't overthink my system.
I just want to add my input on this situation..

First everyones ideas or opinions given to you were not bad nor were they wrong.

The two hds212's are optimal in a box thats 2.1-2.5 cu ft (net) tuned @ 34-38hz for daily music.

Those specs i mentioned are best for rated power on both subs so that 2000k amp made by ppi would be great on it.

Now that 5 cu ft box made for you is WAY TO LARGE. I would expect you to have a box that big if you only had 700-850 watts to push those subs.

The larger the box the less power you want to use especially if the sub was not made to be in a box that big or even half of that size.

Pushing those subs at nearly 2000 watts with that large of a box will not only make them bottom out quicker, but will cause damage.

Anybody can say i am wrong, but this is the truth.

ive never liked AQ/SQ subs anyway. some people may like the sound but i know a lot that dont. one thing i know for sure is that to little port area will make them sound like garbage. for a 5 cube box you need atleast 80 if not 100 square inches of port.

It has a pretty dang big port. but i agree i don't like how messy they sound, i'm going to pop the subs out and try to add wood or thick cotton and maybe thay will help clean them up. If i could go back i would for sure just bought one FI in a sealed box and i bet it would be twice the power i'm getting out of these.

ive never liked AQ/SQ subs anyway. some people may like the sound but i know a lot that dont. one thing i know for sure is that to little port area will make them sound like garbage. for a 5 cube box you need atleast 80 if not 100 square inches of port.

It has a pretty dang big port. but i agree i don't like how messy they sound, i'm going to pop the subs out and try to add wood or thick cotton and maybe thay will help clean them up. If i could go back i would for sure just bought one FI in a sealed box and i bet it would be twice the power i'm getting out of these.
How about you set your amp up right first. If you start adding blocks you mess up ratios.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.