A new problem...

Participant count
  • Participant list

argenis69
10+ year member

SQ Bass Lover
NY, USA
Hello. So, yesterday I finally installed my other AGM battery in the trunk and while I was at it, I decided to also make that 1/0 negative run from the front battery. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

While I was working with the battery in the trunk, I noticed that the big rear window was out of the rubber surrounding that holds it in place, at the bottom side. I didn't pay much mind to it till I finished the install and closed the trunk, I started testing the bass and all that and I was hearing a weird noise banging/cracking.

When I was going around the car looking, I noticed that when the bass hits, the window is flexing in a way that it wants to pop out, and I turned off the system. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Now the back window sits in a distance less than half of an inch from the trunk, which means, I can't listen to music with bass because the window will immediately start hitting the surrounding of the trunk and it will break soon. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

-- What can I do to fix this problem, without having to change this window to a plastic one?

Thank you.

getting it taking out cleaned and reglued in will fix it but let the glue dry a couple days before you start slamming it again. but if you dont fix it and break the glass than its going to cost more money. if the car is older the window breaks the seal a little than vibrating it could make it unseal more. but reglue and you shouldn't have this problem for a long time

getting it taking out cleaned and reglued in will fix it but let the glue dry a couple days before you start slamming it again. but if you dont fix it and break the glass than its going to cost more money. if the car is older the window breaks the seal a little than vibrating it could make it unseal more. but reglue and you shouldn't have this problem for a long time
-So, You think that reglueing will permanently solve my problem?

-After doing that and letting it dry, Will I be able to finally hit the bass loud at full tilt without breaking my windows?

yup window reseal, about 70 bucks, then let it sit for atleast two days then pound away...

-After doing that and letting it dry, Will I be able to finally hit the bass loud at full tilt without breaking my windows or the seal again?

-After doing that and letting it dry, Will I be able to finally hit the bass loud at full tilt without breaking my windows or the seal again?
plan on doing it every couple years 3-4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.