A little fiberglass help please, my first time.

Originally posted by slaphappy how hard do i need to let it get before I start glassing it. and how much resin do i put on the glass strips? Soak it? or just paint one side?

Let it harden completely shouldn't take to long. I usually soak one side then lay it on the mold. And brush the other side with some more resin. The key is to make sure the resin is soaked completely through the mat. Then I roll out any air bubbles. And let it harden. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I mean how hard does the fleece need to be? it still gives a little when I poke it but it's hard when I tap my finger nails on it. Is it supposed to be solid?

Thanks guys for all you help, really appreciate it.

Originally posted by slaphappy I mean how hard does the fleece need to be? it still gives a little when I poke it but it's hard when I tap my finger nails on it. Is it supposed to be solid?

Thanks guys for all you help, really appreciate it.
Touch it. Is the surface sticky still ? If so let it dry longer. The resined fleece is only a starting point. By itself it's not very strong. It will still have some give until you apply the mat to it. When it's dry enough. Tap on it with your finger nails. It should make a clicking noise when your finger nails hit it. Like tapping on a table. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by bbrrian let your local shop that does custom work takeover on the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
There would be no point for this website if everyone did that...dissapointing first post IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.