A little confused need some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

J.D. Nichols

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
Ok I have a 1 ohm 8 inch Mtx right now that is being run by a 1000w amp that can run 400 watts x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms and 165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms. 200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms. . And had 2 of the 1ohm Mtx running on two channels. So both had their own channel turns out that didn't work and like I said I'm only running one of the speakers and now that speaker just stops playing once and a while and the amp is not turning off and not going into protection mode. I'm worried that I while have to replaced that speaker already and till I can find a solution I've took the power cord out of the amp so the speaker is not running. I'm guessing that I will have to replace that speaker cause its just not meant for that amp so I've looking and I found the kicker comprt that runs at 1000w max, 500w rms and at 4 ohms. And I just can't figure out if that will work.

Ok I have a 1 ohm 8 inch Mtx right now that is being run by a 1000w amp that can run 400 watts x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms and 165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms. 200 watts x 2 at 2 ohms. . And had 2 of the 1ohm Mtx running on two channels. So both had their own channel turns out that didn't work and like I said I'm only running one of the speakers and now that speaker just stops playing once and a while and the amp is not turning off and not going into protection mode. I'm worried that I while have to replaced that speaker already and till I can find a solution I've took the power cord out of the amp so the speaker is not running. I'm guessing that I will have to replace that speaker cause its just not meant for that amp so I've looking and I found the kicker comprt that runs at 1000w max, 500w rms and at 4 ohms. And I just can't figure out if that will work.
What are the full names of the subwoofers and amplifier you're talking about?

The amp is the Sony xpiod xm-2165gtx and the speaker I want to get are the kicker comprt 43TCWRT124
Speakers that are truly dead don't come back to life suddenly, so it's probably something simple like a poor connection in the speaker wire or an internal connection inside the enclosure. What is the old subwoofer?

The one you want to get is fairly well matched. There's not a lot of options for prefab enclosures with subs in that price range. I will say that you'll get more performance with a custom made one, but that will exceed the price of that one if you include shipping and different drivers. I'd say if the one you mentioned represents your maximum budget and you don't have shops in your area that can build you an enclosure to cut off the shipping cost, then you've selected a good option.

Well I want to get the kickers cause like you said that's kinda the max I'm willing to spend but I do have a local shop and they offered to build a custom box with 2 12s and a port for 500 and since I'm new to the speaker world I thought that was good and almost got it but since I'm young and going college I was told not to get it and I was also told that was too over priced what do you think

Well I want to get the kickers cause like you said that's kinda the max I'm willing to spend but I do have a local shop and they offered to build a custom box with 2 12s and a port for 500 and since I'm new to the speaker world I thought that was good and almost got it but since I'm young and going college I was told not to get it and I was also told that was too over priced what do you think
Yeah that's overpriced for sure, especially for the power range and size you're looking at. It's mainly the labor, the parts will be the cone, the terminals one 4x8 sheet (actually probably 4x4 for a truck enclosure) of 3/4" Birch, Maple, or marine grade plywood, glue/screws, and sealant. Probably about 75-80 dollars from scratch. Tools would be a table saw, clamps, a drill, and either a router, jigsaw, or scroll saw.

I would expect to pay around 300 for a custom enclosure locally or 230ish online, but shipping will drive the cost back up.

In that price range it doesn't make much sense to pursue one even though it's better unless you make it yourself. I would stick to the Kicker if you don't have the tools.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.