A Little Box Help. Tuning Freq.

WMCCLR
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Fl
Ok I have a specific spot I want a box and I have got exact dimensions on this box. Only thing I need help with is the port.

I am going with (1) Alpine Type R 10" Sub in a slot port box. I currently have it in 2.25 @ 32 Hz

What I want it a box that is :

W = 28.75

H = 14.25

D = 15

I want 32 Hz. I was gonna go with a 2.50 Port but at this time I am open to whatever option I have just as long as its 32 HZ

I really do not want anyone to do this for me as I am trying to learn. When I ran it through a Port calculator it said I need to make the slot port 23" or so. That cannot be right. What I am doing wrong here? Is there someway I can figure this for myself. I am not looking to pay nobody nor' am I looking from a smartass remark from some know it all. I am simply looking for a way to figure this for myslef, Just with some of yall's suggestions. Thanks

unless you do a lot of plugging in and trying numbers you can say you want your box exactly 28.75 x 14.25 x 15.

and 2.50 is a little big. i built only 2 boxes for a 10'' R but one was 1.9 cubes and another 2 cubes. tuned to 34 and for a 10 it was nice.

use this calc... its easy put ur dims in and play with the port to get ur desired size and tune...try 2.5 wide port with port 2 at 20" that puts u at 2 cubes at 32... i think that will work good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.