a little advice needed

KyleBechtold
5,000+ posts

Quit reading this
sub-1.jpg

the areas in red are about 5 inches wide 19 tall.. I am going to glass it.. what mat, resin etc should i use? how should i attach it to the box

get some poster board to make your templates then use MDF or plywood. Weatherstrip tape on the edges, so it seals. Attach to the box with "L" brackets...

You dont need fvckin 3" screws to attach a seal/beauty panel to your box. 3/4" screws would be more than enough, using 2 L shelf brackets per side would be plenty

I used these, there like 50cents to 2 bucks each depending on size

shelf%20bracket.jpg

And yeah use plywood or mdf whatever you have kickin, who cares if your no good with a saw, I sure dont get my beauty panels a perfect seal first try everytime, who cares if it takes 10 cuts, just keep making adjustments til you get a tight fit.

Jigsaw would obviously be best, with carbboard template to get the initial shape.

Cheap easy and effective

well if you your dead set on glass i would mae a frame/structure out of dowel rods use like hot glue to put it together and stretch fleece over that and use hotglue to secure it and just add resin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.