A few sub questions! Thanks in advanced!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey all car audio people! I myself am a bass head! I cannot get enough of it. I am running two 12 inch type xs in a ported box.. I know they are an SQ speaker but it still sounds pretty decent. I am running it on a BRZ.1700 mono amp. The rms on these subs are 1000, peak of 2000 I think. Now are both subs getting 1000 watts each or is the amp split in half providing 850 to each sub? It is a CEA certified amplifier and the subs are wired to 1 ohm.. My next question is im running on 4 gauge wire right now.. should I upgrade to 2 or 0/1 gauge wire? Will I hear a big difference? I have a 5 farad cap which I noticed actually helped out pretty well! I do not see my lights dimming as much as they used to. I am not sure about the box either.. The box is ported like I mentioned earlier but I have no specs on the box itself. I don't know if the box is good enough for what is in it. My setup I guess I feel could just be louder.. People have numbers of 140 and up posted and it would be nice if I could at least get around there. Thanks for everyones input in advanced!! I will post pictures of the box sometime tomorrow!

get a custom built box on here and get it tuned low ~30hz, 4 gauge should be fine but upgrading to bigger wire would be better, you wont hear a difference, each sub will be getting 850rms, ditch the cap and get a batt

if you tune it lower it will respond better to the lower frequencies low 30's, high 20's. It will also sound better for daily use. a custom box built right for the sub will sound better and louder than any prefab box. Unless you are trying to compete which is unlikley dont tune any high that what your at now

Im sorry I ment to say that the box I have in my car is a bbox that is tuned to 38 hz. Im not going to just by a random box online just seeing what I had so I know where to go and how to adjust! should it be a higher hz like around 42 or is the 30 hz good for spl?

Im sorry I ment to say that the box I have in my car is a bbox that is tuned to 38 hz. Im not going to just by a random box online just seeing what I had so I know where to go and how to adjust! should it be a higher hz like around 42 or is the 30 hz good for spl?
High tuning is good for the meter. Low tuning will sound louder to the ear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.