A bit off topic but maybe someone can help

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I have a denon AV-487 5.1 type surround system. I removed the 8" powered sub and placed a JL w6v3 on it , the sub is powered by a peavy cs800x amp that cranks 1200 rms when bridged at 4ohms. The Dennon RCA sub output goes into my peavy RCA input and when I raise the volume on the denon the peavy follows. So my issue is that the denon maxes out and the peavy begins to clip, orange lights indicates clipping , so what causes this? Is it because the denon is so maxed that it sends a distorted power to peavy? Or is it that I'm truly maxing out peavy? Peavy is set to max by the way. Seems like an offset or underpower from peavy. What do you think ? Need some ideas , thanks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most likely the AC rail on the Peavy is maxed out per the impedance it's seeing but also clipping lights are more "loose" on music anyways as they are not designed for dynamics.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.