A/B vs Class D for Subwoofer SQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this low power, full range experiment automatically means that all high powered sub amps must sound the same too. Gotcha
If you think you can pick out different amps in the subwoofer frequency reproduction spectrum played at the same levels as the full range amps in the RC challenge, I'll have some of what you are smoking (assuming it is legal)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

ETA: Better yet, go and take the challenge since a mere $200 can get you $10,000!

If you think you can pick out different amps in the subwoofer frequency reproduction spectrum played at the same levels as the full range amps in the RC challenge, I'll have some of what you are smoking (assuming it is legal)//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
ETA: Better yet, go and take the challenge since a mere $200 can get you $10,000!
Why does it have to be the same levels? What about 250w, 500w, or even 1kw?

It is "unclear" if he would allow sub amps to be tested...

People can't tell the difference full range and you think you can tell a difference on amplifiers between 20 and 100 Hz? Have you ever heard what just a subwoofer sounds like?

Call Richard Clark up or send him an email. I am sure he will gladly take your $200!

People can't tell the difference full range and you think you can tell a difference on amplifiers between 20 and 100 Hz? Have you ever heard what just a subwoofer sounds like?
Call Richard Clark up or send him an email. I am sure he will gladly take your $200!
Yes I want to give somebody $200 for a test I HAVE to get 100% on to pass, and if I do he'll say the settings were off.

email him this thread
LOL.

Hey look at this, another RC amp thread where someone thinks RC told the world all amps sound the same. Shocking! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

LOL.
Hey look at this, another RC amp thread where someone thinks RC told the world all amps sound the same. Shocking! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Youre right, he didnt say that, but you keep poasting without actually answering any of my questions.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/beatdeadhorse5.gif.5d70132dea1eb89b73bf2fdbb6027dd6.gif
Yes

And the moral of the story:

So this low power, full range experiment automatically means that all high power sub amps must sound the same too.

/thread

Youre right, he didnt say that, but you keep poasting without actually answering any of my questions.
All RC amp threads sound the same.

Many just cannot suspend their belief systems enough to really understand the crux of this argument. "I can hear the difference between D and A/B" is to a car audio zealot what "the Lord is my savior" to a religious zealot. What use is there trying to convince someone of the logic when they already believe in their own truth??

Find your own truth with your own ears. That's fine. But when you're confronted with someone that challenges your religion, don't be surprised when you spin your wheels trying to defend it.

I don't see how ID is unethical. Just because someone prefers A/B amps over D amps doesn't make them unethical. IF that's the case we are all "unethical" because we all have our own "PREFERENCES!!!" In just about every thread that Eric, Matt, Sean, or even myself say that we prefer class a/b over d. We may suggest an ID amp but we usually base our suggestion on what the person's budget is. If you go over to the ID board you'll see that Eric himself has suggested many other brands, ranging from Rockford, Hifonics, Zapco, and many other lines. So how a thread comparing A/B amps to Class D amps became a "ID is unethical" bashing party is ridiculous. We all have our own tastes wether it be ab amps to t amps, 10s to 12s, wether or not 6x9s are any good or not, to wether or not horns sound good compared to tweets. It's "OUR" opinion, OUR preference. And this being America i didn't know that someone's own preference was wrong. guess we should all go eat the same food the same way and dress the same way too.

So this low power, full range experiment automatically means that all high powered sub amps must sound the same too. Gotcha
Have you recently had a Lobotomy? I think I can see the stiches in your temples.

What makes you think they haven't tested 1k amps?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Where does it say "low power"? You really have zero reading comprehension. I'll explain this again to you in small words. ANY commercially available amps, means any amps. The two amps are matched in volume to the lowest one. If you bring a 10,000 watt amp, he'll match it with another 10,000 watt amp. What part of that is confusing you?

If you had any understanding of the issue, you would know it would be significantly harder to notice a difference between sub amps than full range amps.

Read the actual test rules and FAQ or STFU.

Have you recently had a Lobotomy? I think I can see the stiches in your temples.
What makes you think they haven't tested 1k amps?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Where does it say "low power"? You really have zero reading comprehension. I'll explain this again to you in small words. ANY commercially available amps, means any amps. The two amps are matched in volume to the lowest one. If you bring a 10,000 watt amp, he'll match it with another 10,000 watt amp. What part of that is confusing you?

If you had any understanding of the issue, you would know it would be significantly harder to notice a difference between sub amps than full range amps.

Read the actual test rules and FAQ or STFU.
Wow, just wow.

"Yes. Nearly all currently available amplifiers have specs better than what are required for the test. Tube amplifiers generally qualify, as do full range class D amplifiers. It is not clear whether Richard Clark would allow sub amplifiers with a limited frequency response."

Also, how many people run 10kw to thier front stage? Even 1k for that matter?

You are arguing a pretty moot point as any "sound differences" would only be more difficult to hear in a frequency range where our hearing is worse.

If you are wanting to "prove" that there is some hidden indicator of sound differences in an amplifier other than gain, power, distortion, frequency response and noise it would be beneficial to do it in the region where our hearing is most sensitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...