99 Mustang Cobra

Participant count
  • Participant list

WheresTheButta
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
met some dude at the 7-11 last night with a 99 cobra and went for a ride.

very fast car for such minimal mods - fun times.

On the engine: only a cold air intake w/ mass air & throttle body..... exhaust: he has shorty headers on it, off-road x-pipe and no mufflers. It's probably the meanest sounding cobra I've ever heard outside of the track.

Mustang's exhaust is the most notable tone there is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif They sound sweet!

i would drive my cobra sometimes straight out the headers. no cats or mufflers. it got to be old after a couple of miles though. i think that a newer camaro is more reconizable sound wise than a mustang though.

nope i still like the sound of the stang exhaust
i wasnt saying that they dont sound good, if you have already forgotten, i own a cobra, but i was just saying that the sound of the camaros/trans ams is ver distinct. you know one when you hear it even if it is not in sight.

My friend has had an LT1 camaro, and previously has an LS1 T/A, and their exhaust tone is very distinct, you can easily tell without knowing he is even in town that he is around the next corner

Later

-Ryan

my 2000 gt sound like a old fox mustang with the 5.0L (no joke). Ive actually had people ask me if i have had a motor swap. It blows them away when i tell em' its a 4.6L

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.