9500F, Looking for another beast motor to recone.

Participant count
  • Participant list

oxsign
5,000+ posts

No Affiliation
Orlando, FL
1. Product:

DD 9500 F

2. Specs:

3. Description/Condition:

Good used condition. I had it buffed & polished out to match the basket I was going to use on it. Basket is not included.

4. What you are looking for: :

Another beast motor that I can build into a 15". Looking for something that can take 2500-3K daily. XXX, MT, etc.

5. Pictures of your item for trade:

bfe61e6c.jpg

bcfb61e2.jpg

b75aa01f.jpg

I'll take the basket off and get some more pix. Does yours have a label on it? Mine did, and it did say "F" motor on it, but I kinda messed it up while I was polishing it. Also, I don't really have a price for selling it out right. I only planned on trading it since I feel I can get more value out of it in a trade over selling it. You can PM me an offer for it and we can go from there with it.

There arent many ferrite motors that are as beast as this F motor...IMO the only few that could stand up against it would be some TRF motors...Sundown zv3, AB VFL etc.

I'll be honest. The reason I want to trade this off is because I want a low end monster. I know this sub is a beast and can take massive amounts of power. However, I know DDs are good for big numbers I'm not interested in numbers anymore. I want to tune something in the lower 30s and I don't think this would like it.

I thought it looked pretty much like mine, but I'm not a DD pro. I know that there are many different motors out there, lol.

I'll take the basket off and get some more pix. Does yours have a label on it? Mine did, and it did say "F" motor on it, but I kinda messed it up while I was polishing it. Also, I don't really have a price for selling it out right. I only planned on trading it since I feel I can get more value out of it in a trade over selling it. You can PM me an offer for it and we can go from there with it.
It looks to be the same motor to me but i have a motor you make be interested in.

Recone it with COPPER coil and softer than stock suspension and it should do better playing music.

Have you actually tried one of those in a large low tuned box?

Recone it with COPPER coil and softer than stock suspension and it should do better playing music.
Have you actually tried one of those in a large low tuned box?
honestly no. I've had a few 1508s, and 2 2510, but I never tuned them any lower than 36Hz. Even at that, they didn't seem to pick up the low end as well as others. They sounded great, but it seems like DD subs have a destict sound of their own. That's why I have a concern with this one if I reconed it.

honestly no. I've had a few 1508s, and 2 2510, but I never tuned them any lower than 36Hz. Even at that, they didn't seem to pick up the low end as well as others. They sounded great, but it seems like DD subs have a destict sound of their own. That's why I have a concern with this one if I reconed it.
It's a gamble either way if you plan to build up from scratch, but the 95XX is a solid motor so may be as good a platform as anything else you're trying to get into. From experience I can say that copper coil helps and go with a soft suspension. If you're tuning low the box will do much more to control the cone anyway and softer suspension is just generally more musical IMO.

How about the TSNS that's FS down in FL (on the forum here somewhere)? That's a great platform and 4" coil is a good bit better for power handling. It's a steal at what he's asking if you can pick it up local. If it were local to me I'd grab it just because.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...