92 galant VR4 build- HDC315 lots of fiberglass..

I bet this car the way it sits is capable of 12's, your tbird, not so much...
Capable with how much money and how much work? This thing with the mods listed would be lucky to be in the low 15s. My SC only has a couple mods(exhaust, intake, 10% OD SC pulley on a late model SC) I am not saying my car is super fast, just saying its faster than this car is. I beat a couple GSXs with I/H/E fairly easily, so I would assume this would be slower than that since it is heavier and the same motor.

maybe not as it sits but im certain for under 100 bucks I could get it in the 12s, might not be reliable after lol. Point is dont underestimate the potential. I think its hideous but love the drivetrain.

maybe not as it sits but im certain for under 100 bucks I could get it in the 12s, might not be reliable after lol. Point is dont underestimate the potential. I think its hideous but love the drivetrain.
with less then 100 dollars what would you do to make this car run 12s lol

Lol, for under 1,000 MAYBE, and it would blow up right after it ran 12s.

Capable with how much money and how much work? This thing with the mods listed would be lucky to be in the low 15s. My SC only has a couple mods(exhaust, intake, 10% OD SC pulley on a late model SC) I am not saying my car is super fast, just saying its faster than this car is. I beat a couple GSXs with I/H/E fairly easily, so I would assume this would be slower than that since it is heavier and the same motor.
You dont know what youre talking about, like you already said. I also have a talon with the same motor as his vr4 and would eat your tbird.

You dont know what youre talking about. I also have a talon with the same motor as his vr4 and would eat your tbird.
What mods do you have done? Obviously if you have a bunch of stuff done it will beat a basically stock TBird. I am sure you also have more money into it also though...

Also are you telling me a basically stock Galant VR-4 with just exhaust, will run faster than low 15s? I would say high high 14s at best...

Dude you really sound a bit of a douche to me... you seriously dont know what a "GSX" is if you think you can out pull it... you basically have the same motor as the mustang SVO, a GSX CANT EVEN RUN A HEADER!!!! Its called a turbo manifold. so lets say a GSX with Intake, upgraded Intercooler and piping, boost controller, exhaust, and even a 20g swap would cost less than a grand plus the car. That so called GSX "ricer" will kill you in a straight line and pass you in the turns with all 4 wheels spinnin, if you catch my drift... ya you know you like that pun. lol

nice car man fix that **** up and it is not rice and micah get the **** out of here your a ****in douche bag v8 **** who thinks evey car but your V8 is a ricer. do us all a favor and dont post in this nice build log again you *******. i have a honda does that make it rice no it doesnt cuz i dont have a big ass wing and stupid rims. it has oem bumpers and the body is pretty much stock so **** off *** and leave. people like you i love to race and beat with my 4 cylinder ahhaahah

Gvr4's are pretty rare cars, id love to have one. What's wrong with driving 400 miles to get it?
exactly. especially when it costed me what, like $150 for a nice looking rare car that i think is very clean and a good buy.

Meh, definitely not my style. It sounds like it is already on its way to ricer status, but please dont do anything more to it to rice it out.
Ricer status? its going to have my old HDC3 15 in it, has a turbo back 3" and a set of rims..oh and leather and a sunroof. ricer? ****. anything designed overseas is a ricer then. this thing will run low 14s easy WITH the system in. its got a very stiff suspension and good rubber.

rice to me is stock exhaust with gay muffler stupid paintjobs on slow cars and anything that comes from autozone that is "cool" or has the word bling in it... so a tastefully built civic which can happen is not rice to me. A gvr4 is not rice either.
thank you. but im not plannin on any asthetic mods. just glassing the box/amp racks i guess.. looking for a clean import with a stick and AWD for iowa's snow. should move pretty quick too..

My SC would eat this thing up, and its almost stock. Also, a few Civics and POS Eclipses around here have a Magnaflow catback and it sounds like diarrhea coming out of a spread asshole. And of course you would choose OPs car, you are used to unreliability(you drive a Blazer...)
POS eclipse and a reliable VR4. thanks for the insult. the vr4 would easily give you a run for your money and ive done nothing to it.. to each his own on the sound of the exhaust.. your mother should have taught you better. I think the system will drown it out with and HDC3 15 and 1500 watts sealed lol even..
lies 3" catback magnaflow Apexi 3" downpipe is whats listed and says fully rebuilt motor but doesnt say built with stock parts or what i doubt it runs 12s
stock parts, done by mitsu dealer. prolly puts about 230-250 to the wheels. ill take it to evansdale when i get my license back/ am back in school..

nice car man fix that **** up and it is not rice and micah get the **** out of here your a ****in douche bag v8 **** who thinks evey car but your V8 is a ricer. do us all a favor and dont post in this nice build log again you *******. i have a honda does that make it rice no it doesnt cuz i dont have a big ass wing and stupid rims. it has oem bumpers and the body is pretty much stock so **** off *** and leave. people like you i love to race and beat with my 4 cylinder ahhaahah
thanks for the support man. take it from katt williams. you need haters. **** it. my car will be a sleeper with a decently loud system. and exactly what i want. **** em. I do mine, they do theres. either way im happy.

Lol, for under 1,000 MAYBE, and it would blow up right after it ran 12s.
My buddy is running 11.9's with a completely STOCK 4G63 motor with 140,000 miles on it and STOCK tranny on a 20g set up with 30lbs of boost. hes got a little less than 2 grand in it. It put down 390lbs of torque and about 360hp on a dynojet. You are obviously underestimating the potentials of 4g63s. VR4s dont weigh that much more than lasers/talons/eclipses. Theres tons of free mods you can do with 4g63s to get a decent gain in performance too. This car has plenty of potential to walk over your t-bird.

Proof:

What mods do you have done? Obviously if you have a bunch of stuff done it will beat a basically stock TBird. I am sure you also have more money into it also though...
Also are you telling me a basically stock Galant VR-4 with just exhaust, will run faster than low 15s? I would say high high 14s at best...
Not to mention my same buddy bought a tsi talon for 700 bucks and turned it into a 13 second car with nothing but free mods. 4g63s are insane on potential thats why everybody wants em and you see a lot about 1g and 2g talons and eclipses. t-birds are nothing special.

Dude you really sound a bit of a douche to me... you seriously dont know what a "GSX" is if you think you can out pull it... you basically have the same motor as the mustang SVO, a GSX CANT EVEN RUN A HEADER!!!! Its called a turbo manifold. so lets say a GSX with Intake, upgraded Intercooler and piping, boost controller, exhaust, and even a 20g swap would cost less than a grand plus the car. That so called GSX "ricer" will kill you in a straight line and pass you in the turns with all 4 wheels spinnin, if you catch my drift... ya you know you like that pun. lol
The kid told me he has an upgraded exhaust, intake and I dont remember what else, so I could be wrong about the header thing, but I beat him AND his little buddy who was basically stock in a dig to 100. How much would the car cost? I could put 1k into my car and be running quite fast too, but my car is heavy as hell so it probably wouldnt be faster. Do I care? No, it is still a piece of trash ricer.

ALSO, I didnt realize the Mustang SVOs came with a supercharged V6. You fuucking idiot, they are 4 cylinder turbos. Read up before you try to talk.

My car doesnt have a V8, idiot. If you knew anything about cars you would already know that. It has a Magnaflow exhaust, which should only be on big v8 cars or trucks, because if not is sounds like a weedeater on steroids. Also, it is boxy and looks stupid. At least the Eclipses look alright when they are stock. This thing has no chance of looking good at all...

ALSO, if that is your Civic in your avatar, YES IT IS RICE! Carbon fiber wont make your econobox turd any faster, and it makes it look retarded.

exactly. especially when it costed me what, like $150 for a nice looking rare car that i think is very clean and a good buy.
Ricer status? its going to have my old HDC3 15 in it, has a turbo back 3" and a set of rims..oh and leather and a sunroof. ricer? ****. anything designed overseas is a ricer then. this thing will run low 14s easy WITH the system in. its got a very stiff suspension and good rubber.

thank you. but im not plannin on any asthetic mods. just glassing the box/amp racks i guess.. looking for a clean import with a stick and AWD for iowa's snow. should move pretty quick too..

POS eclipse and a reliable VR4. thanks for the insult. the vr4 would easily give you a run for your money and ive done nothing to it.. to each his own on the sound of the exhaust.. your mother should have taught you better. I think the system will drown it out with and HDC3 15 and 1500 watts sealed lol even..

stock parts, done by mitsu dealer. prolly puts about 230-250 to the wheels. ill take it to evansdale when i get my license back/ am back in school..

thanks for the support man. take it from katt williams. you need haters. **** it. my car will be a sleeper with a decently loud system. and exactly what i want. **** em. I do mine, they do theres. either way im happy.
It wont be loud to you, but everyone around you will hate you for having a loud exhaust. Low 14s? If that is true, then it must be lighter than I thought. My car makes a little less HP, but a ton more torque, but isnt quite that fast, it runs mid 14s, around 14.6

My buddy is running 11.9's with a completely STOCK 4G63 motor with 140,000 miles on it and STOCK tranny on a 20g set up with 30lbs of boost. hes got a little less than 2 grand in it. It put down 390lbs of torque and about 360hp on a dynojet. You are obviously underestimating the potentials of 4g63s. VR4s dont weigh that much more than lasers/talons/eclipses. Theres tons of free mods you can do with 4g63s to get a decent gain in performance too. This car has plenty of potential to walk over your t-bird.
Proof:

Lol I am done arguing. A fast ricer is still a ricer. That is just like all the little idiots with their supa-fast uber racing Neon SRT-4s. Yeah they are quick, but its still a shitty looking Peon and will never be more to me. My car has electronic suspension, power leather seats, sunroof, power everything else, lots of torque and rwd. I will take that over any of the cars mentioned anyday, even if the cars mentioned are faster. The only car I would consider getting that is a 4 cylinder, is a MS3, which is what I am getting in August...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.