8w3v3 ported or 10w7 sealed?

I’d only go with the 8 if you could do a 8w7. Iirc, JL’s 8w7 is over-sized, I don’t remember about the w3.

Any somewhat decent sub will do good in the right box. The box type and style is going to make the biggest difference here, IMO. I listen to rap and edm almost exclusively, and I’d totally try to go ported, if you could.

OP I would consider looking at other brands, too, because other subs might be able to fit your budget and what you want better. I can fit 2 of some 8’s in the ported size for 1 of some other 8’s, for example.
Enclosure is everything in this case. A slapbox?
Sounds like 2 knuckledraggess trading blows.
Get a legit design and see the difference.

thank you, I admit I’ve never ventured away from JL, but the price and the many many reviews was compelling.

I will try to pickup that 10w7. If for whatever reason that got sold, there’s a 10w6 that popped upon the market

Hit up @shredder2 for a nice box design. He loves designing boxes for people on here. He might even do it for free. Good Luck.

Enclosure is everything in this case. A slapbox?
Sounds like 2 knuckledraggess trading blows.
Get a legit design and see the difference.

😂😂

I actually have a CNC at my shop (I make drone parts for a living). It’s just that I got intimidated by all the tuning (equipment I don’t have), that steered me towards pre-fab. Well, actually in this case the sealed box happens to be coming with the 10w7.

is there such thing as a small footprint and great SQL for the 10w7? I keep reading the 10w6 is better suited for th

hopefully picking up the 10w7 today

also @shredder2 , we’re you suggesting a legit design for the 8w3 or the 10w7?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...