88 s10 blazer ( 1st gen ) build log

big scott

blazin low, and loud
edgewood, md
hi guys,

i have been wanting to post some pics of my setup and my build.

its a 2door 1st gen. s10 blazer with a modded 2.8, auto,, lowered 6/6 for now going lower soon.

it needs body work and i plan on redoing the hole inside. going to make it ALL black inside and out.

i will post pics of the outside.

but here are some pics.

also want i have in this truck is in my sig......

also excuse all the wiring everywhere im getting ready to start a amp rack and ill post pis when i start. its all safe for now and i know it looks like shitt.

its working great. i like it. but i will say with what i have right now when i crank it up it dips to 13.8v . with it down i get 14.4v .

so im happy for now. as i plan on adding a new 100amp alt. i think im going to run the truck off the 100amp and run the 200amp alt just for my system.

i just need to make a bracket to mount my other alt. down the road after i get a few thinks im going to order 1 more db 200amp alt.

its working great. i like it. but i will say with what i have right now when i crank it up it dips to 13.8v . with it down i get 14.4v .so im happy for now. as i plan on adding a new 100amp alt. i think im going to run the truck off the 100amp and run the 200amp alt just for my system.

i just need to make a bracket to mount my other alt. down the road after i get a few thinks im going to order 1 more db 200amp alt.
Yeah I was just wondering you opinion on them because I have seen a good bit of mixed reviews. After you get those other 2 hdc3 in there you will be slamming for sure and I like the look of those first gen blazers

lookin good i like how those doors are turning out... i need to figure out what im gona do for rear fill in my rear doors - but they are smaller some how than my fronts - so i doubt id fit anything bigger than a single 6.5 anywhere...

have you tested out those 6.5s for the doors yet ? im looking to switch out my current pair of 6.5 in my front doors to something along the lines of pro audio type mids that play the upper range ( 200 - 9khz ) but im a bit afraid since they are doors that weather / rain / water splash drips will eventually ruin a speaker with paper cone in the doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

anyhow keep up the good work !

lookin good i like how those doors are turning out... i need to figure out what im gona do for rear fill in my rear doors - but they are smaller some how than my fronts - so i doubt id fit anything bigger than a single 6.5 anywhere...
have you tested out those 6.5s for the doors yet ? im looking to switch out my current pair of 6.5 in my front doors to something along the lines of pro audio type mids that play the upper range ( 200 - 9khz ) but im a bit afraid since they are doors that weather / rain / water splash drips will eventually ruin a speaker with paper cone in the doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

anyhow keep up the good work !

ya i first put them in my center console and it sounded ok. the i made temp. pods on the doors and they sound great. i fooled with the angle of the pods first. that why you see them at an angle . they really need to be at more of an angle but i cant. so that as far as i could go and that still sound great there so im happy.

ya it weird there a lot of space on my panel but when you see whats behind the door panel there not much room were you can have speakers.

i wish this truck would have came with door speakers but they did not. only in the top of dash.

looking good bro nice progress. keep the pics coming...
thanks buddy, ya they are turning out good. but my god i hate sanding ... lol lol .

im going to put 1 more layer of f.g. then ill have to wait till this coming month as i have no bondo . im going to buy that good stuff that's easy to sand.

when i get the next layer on ill post pics when i get the panel back on. then ill pull it again to finish it when i get the bondo.

i wanted to be diffrent. plus did not want to have to buy another engine and trany. as i cant use my trany on a 4.3 or v8 .

i have plenty of power with this 30 over 2.8 . ya its not a v8 but i like it that way.

if i had the money and a place i could really work on my truck would love a 572 bigblock lol hell ya. i would rip this truck in half with that.

how many people say ya i have a modded 2.8 ??? not many . and like it that way. iv had many complements with this engine. many people think its a v8 the way it sounds and drives. so im happy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.